Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-8-2013 12:26 pm  #1

432 members

Well just checked and thats how many there are as of now. But 20 guests online. Need to think on a plan to have these people become full members methinks. Unless of course its all our friends at HMRC and UKBF monitoring our every thought.

02-8-2013 2:51 pm  #2

Re: 432 members

celticmanx wrote:

Well just checked and thats how many there are as of now. But 20 guests online. Need to think on a plan to have these people become full members methinks. Unless of course its all our friends at HMRC and UKBF monitoring our every thought.

How cynical of you , anyone would think we live in a police state, oh hang on a minute we do.

Please ensure you do not divulge any  information which could identify you as Border Force may take your posts here and attempt to quote parts of them out of context in court in order to try to discredit you.

02-8-2013 4:22 pm  #3

We do get a lot of spammers joining from Eastern Europe.
I wouldn't argue with anyone who suspects guests are Border Force agents under training.

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force may use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

06-8-2013 8:59 pm  #4

nadger wrote:

I wouldn't argue with anyone who suspects guests are Border Force agents under training.

But might this actually be a good thing? I suspect that the majority of Border Force officers are, underneath it all, normal, decent people. But they work in a culture where they are encouraged to believe that everyone they deal with is a criminal. (I think that culture is present with a lot of law enforcement agencies).
I'm sure that when they make a seizure, they don't sit in the canteen bragging that they've managed to screw over an innocent person; rather, they think they've pulled someone who was smuggling and, in doing so, they have singlehandedly made Britain great again.
So the more they can be exposed to the views and experiences on this board, where, I believe, the vast majority of people are honest smokers, the more they may question what the prevailing culture would otherwise lead them to believe.
And please don't unleash a torrent of abuse at me for this view.

06-8-2013 10:03 pm  #5

serendipity wrote:

nadger wrote:

But might this actually be a good thing? I suspect that the majority of Border Force officers are, underneath it all, normal, decent people. But they work in a culture where they are encouraged to believe that everyone they deal with is a criminal. (I think that culture is present with a lot of law enforcement agencies).
I'm sure that when they make a seizure, they don't sit in the canteen bragging that they've managed to screw over an innocent person; rather, they think they've pulled someone who was smuggling and, in doing so, they have singlehandedly made Britain great again.
So the more they can be exposed to the views and experiences on this board, where, I believe, the vast majority of people are honest smokers, the more they may question what the prevailing culture would otherwise lead them to believe.
And please don't unleash a torrent of abuse at me for this view.

I wont abuse you for your views, in fact I would like to think that there is some truth in what you say.

Please ensure you do not divulge any  information which could identify you as Border Force may take your posts here and attempt to quote parts of them out of context in court in order to try to discredit you.

07-9-2013 8:51 pm  #6

Glad to have joined yesterday after reading in for a little while.

06-2-2014 3:04 pm  #7

568 today...

Last edited by N2Dgarry (06-2-2014 3:04 pm)

START HERE, By answering these questions. http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1526
Useful documents for download : http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=34
Goods been seized, Start here.  http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=78
SOT Thanks to TBD. http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=373

11-12-2014 6:14 pm  #8

I was on online guest until I won in magistrates, It is a very well laid out forum and I navigated to all the info required to best prepare me for the day. I didn't find much help as regards to, too late already signed officers notebook. I just went with
"Are you an Officer of Border Force"...yes
"Did you tell me what to write in your notebook" yes
"Did I choose to write - I agree that the text on pages x-y of this notebook to be true and accurate" no
"Did you tell me word for word what to write" yes
"Was this written down for me to copy" no
"And then you told me to sign it, is that correct" yes

Board footera