Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27-1-2014 7:34 pm  #41

Re: We like this! Tobacco Leaf £1.50 for 50g!

bordershopper wrote:

Can anyone here tell me if there is a problem with TL4U . I have tried email and telephone to contactt them and have not had any response

They should be back now but give 'em a couple of days to sober up !!!

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

27-1-2014 7:37 pm  #42

eezyrider wrote:

bordershopper wrote:

Can anyone here tell me if there is a problem with TL4U . I have tried email and telephone to contactt them and have not had any response

They should be back now but give 'em a couple of days to sober up !!!

Lol . Lets hope they have some strong coffee.

Please ensure you do not divulge any  information which could identify you as Border Force may take your posts here and attempt to quote parts of them out of context in court in order to try to discredit you.

11-2-2014 5:30 pm  #43

I can't get in touch with them. The http://www.tobaccoleaf4u.com/ address is a blank page and the earlier http://www.tl4u.me automatically redirects to the same page. Have UKBF/HMRC forced them out of business?

They lie on recordings; they lie on oath; their shysters lie on their behalf. Don't believe a word coming from the mouths (2 per person) of any UKBA officer.

11-2-2014 5:48 pm  #44

It was updated this afternoon to a blank page..

garry

START HERE, By answering these questions. http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1526
Useful documents for download : http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=34
Goods been seized, Start here.  http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=78
SOT Thanks to TBD. http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=373

11-2-2014 6:02 pm  #45

Try putting in the url without the 'www'...works for me.TL4U.me

Last edited by The Blocked Dwarf (11-2-2014 6:03 pm)

"I, uh, let her out the trunk...heard what, err, She snarled at THEM...."

11-2-2014 6:07 pm  #46

The Blocked Dwarf wrote:

Well bugger me gently. It works! But why?

They lie on recordings; they lie on oath; their shysters lie on their behalf. Don't believe a word coming from the mouths (2 per person) of any UKBA officer.

11-2-2014 6:11 pm  #47

Sir Henry wrote:

The Blocked Dwarf wrote:

Well bugger me gently. It works! But why?

Some numpty at TL4U broke the internets I guess!  I could explain the difference between 'www' and just domain name urls but life is too short and it would only give me a headache. It's a good 'trick' though to know...useful more than you might think.

16-3-2014 1:28 pm  #48

Not been along for a while due to health issues but back in the flow now.
Kept up with what's going on in the forum but mostly been in the clouds courtesy of copious amounts of morphine so not had much of an attention span     lol.

Some interesting developments for any snuff wananbe's especially the 10 ml tins now available along with the leaf.  Yet to sample the leaf although will be doing in the very near future. Living in a Yorkshire pit village as a lad I encountered many seasoned snuff afficianado's both for bought and home made.  Home made always but always came out on top as far as quality and taste and smell was concerned. So arm yourself with a dozen or so 10ml tins/boxes and set to work blending a snuff for every occassion.

Any dried herb/spice/leaf can be used in snuff but I'd steer clear of magic mushrooms as they can have a profound effect when trying to speak to the mother in law. 

READ UP ON THE PROPERTIES OF WHAT EVER YOU BLEND TO ENSURE YOU ARE WITHIN SAFE LIMITS.  SOME EVERYDAY PRODUCTS CAN BE EXTREMELY HARMFUL IF TAKEN IN EXCESSIVE QUANTITIES.

My favourites:

Eucalyptus.  The base of all medicated snuff and especially good for winter coughs n colds.  Use dried leaves.
Cinnamon.  The perfect start to the day. You can feel your brain fizz into life.  Also good for diabetics and keeping the blood flowing.
Thyme.  Probably the most under-rated herb on the market.  Full of essential goodies and a wonderful aroma.
Turmeric.  BE CAREFUL.  Your nose has very sensitive linings and this will cause havoc if too much is used.  Having said that it is great for sore throats etc. As long as you get 100% pure ground powder it will be ok to use from the jar as it is very fine.
Star Anise.  Like chucking an aniseed ball up your nose but certainly clears any blockages so good for colds and especially flu. ONLY USE CHINESE ANISE.
Cloves. Lots of goodness and has the benefit of pain killing agents.
Rosemary.  Again very aromatic and is helpful for those of us with memories like a sieve.
Sage.  Good for digestion cos it's an anti-oxidant, and also the shits. Good fighter against bacterial infections too.
Cardamom.  DO NOT TAKE REGULARLY IF YOU HAVE GALLSTONES.  Another that's good for digestion and also heartburn.
Ginger.  Similar qualities to cardamom and sage plus migraines and hypertension(high blood pressure), however,  DO NOT TAKE IF ON BLOOD THINNERS OR USE IN A MIX WITH OTHER SPICES/HERBS.

These are just a selection of a multitude of possibilities and no doubt I'll remember a regular one I've missed off here as soon as I post it.  It's all down to your personal taste and circumstance.  I have used essential oils to make snuff but seems  like a lot of waiting and drying preparation for no gain but I could be wrong.  Maybe if you can get it in crystal form I'd try it again.

Sir Henry:  Cigar binding is traditionally just flour and water mixed to a paste with a consistency of pouring honey/syrup.  If you want to add a bit of class to the taste and smell then use molasses syrup (you may need to dilute with a little water).  A bit like smoking a King Eddie but better.

' You have fair winds and following seas at your back '

31-3-2014 7:24 pm  #49

I have tried the shredder from fred the shred and it works just fine.
The only problem it is time consuming and can make old boney fingers quite sore.
Does anyone here know of a reasonable priced machine that has a wider feed slot but still a 0.8mm cut and can be used either manual or powered.
If so how much and where can it be sourced.
I do know that a lot of these machines originate from poland perhaps some of our polish members might know of a supplier or even want to import some and sell them , I am sure there would be a demand if the price was right.

Please ensure you do not divulge any  information which could identify you as Border Force may take your posts here and attempt to quote parts of them out of context in court in order to try to discredit you.

04-4-2014 4:50 pm  #50

bordershopper wrote:

I have tried the shredder from fred the shred and it works just fine.
The only problem it is time consuming and can make old boney fingers quite sore.
Does anyone here know of a reasonable priced machine that has a wider feed slot but still a 0.8mm cut and can be used either manual or powered.
I do know that a lot of these machines originate from poland perhaps some of our polish members might know of a supplier or even want to import some and sell them , I am sure there would be a demand if the price was right.

There is a Gabej 0.8mm shredder with a 15cm feed slot which can be powered either by a handle or a WEAK electric screwdriver (NOT A DRILL!). Two downsides, nah 3 downsides, 1. they cost some £150 quid, 2. are really really easy to break/jam up if your leaf is even just a little too moist and 3. they take 2 hands to use with the crank handle-one hand to hold the thing steady and one to turn. They are free-standing not clamped tight to the desktop unlike the FredTheShred shredder.

What you might like to do is makeup a hopper-feeder for the FredTheShred shredder, I've seen various out of various materials on youtube etc. You could also look into removing the handle and replacing it with soemthing you could then power with a WEAK electric screwdriver (which is all gabej did).

11-4-2014 8:45 pm  #51

bordershopper wrote:

PM sent http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

25-4-2014 2:09 pm  #52

I found this topic searching google for tubing tobacco. At the moment I am using 50g tubs of JPS at just under £16 a time so it's cheaper than packs of 20 (or 19 as they are now) shop ciggies.

I'm not sure about the whole leaf idea yet, I might try it but I am looking for tobacco suitable for tubes rather than rolling even if it means having a nice day out over the border.

Can tube tobacco be bought abroad? I haven't been for years now so I have no idea what they sell these days.

26-4-2014 5:24 am  #53

sturose wrote:

I found this topic searching google for tubing tobacco. At the moment I am using 50g tubs of JPS at just under £16 a time so it's cheaper than packs of 20 (or 19 as they are now) shop ciggies.

I'm not sure about the whole leaf idea yet, I might try it but I am looking for tobacco suitable for tubes rather than rolling even if it means having a nice day out over the border.

Can tube tobacco be bought abroad? I haven't been for years now so I have no idea what they sell these days.

Yes tubing tobacco can be bought abroad. Often in 400g buckets! http://www.realtobacco.be/en/products/tobacco

Last time I checked a 400g bucket cost around 35Euros in Belgium but it's been a year and more since I last went over to buy tubing tobacco cos I went over to using whole leaf from TL4U.

Tubing tobacco is also called 'Expanded' , 'Volume' or 'Cigarette' tobacco. The rule of thumb is that if it is in a pouch then it is rolling tobacco. If it is sold in a tub, zip lock bag or bucket then it is tubing or MYO tobacco.

Last edited by The Blocked Dwarf (26-4-2014 5:25 am)

26-4-2014 3:20 pm  #54

Thanks for the reply and the link is useful. The tubing tobacco seems to be around 35-40 euros from what I can see.

How easy is using the whole leaf? Do you have to do anything else apart from shred it? I might give it a go at the prices they can be bought for.

27-4-2014 6:26 am  #55

sturose wrote:

How easy is using the whole leaf? Do you have to do anything else apart from shred it? I might give it a go at the prices they can be bought for.

You have to remove the centre/middle stalk/stem from every leaf which, while not difficult, is a pain in the arse. Personally everytime TL4U delivers I sit me down at the kitchen table and simply de-stalk the whole consignment. Takes an hour or so depending on how much I've bought but when it's done it's done.

The only tricky part of using whole leaf is getting the leaf to the right 'case' (=degree of moisture/dryness) to shred. If you cut your tobacco as opposed to shredding then it can be soaking wet but shredding requires the leaf to be almost dry...think a sheet of paper-dry but still foldable without tearing. As every leaf is a different size and every tobacco variety has different properties it can be tricky for the home user to get several hundred grammes of leaf uniformly dry. Infact I would go as far as to say it is nigh impossible.

But that's the only down side to it, the actual shredding is a piece of piss. Buy a decent crank tubing machine like a top-o-matic and within a couple of days not only will you not be able to afford to go back to shop boughts but  you won't want to go back to smoking shop bought smokes even if you had the money!

Last edited by The Blocked Dwarf (27-4-2014 11:50 am)

27-4-2014 2:40 pm  #56

Already got a tubing machine, can't be doing with the manual tubers so I bought one of the chinese plastic electric tubing machines. I know it probably won't last long but for £8 on ebay I thought it would be worth a shot, it works great BTW.

I think I'll give it a shot, maybe manually cutting the leaf 1st and if it works out well I could invest in the machine you linked to or maybe find some alternate way.

For 20 quid including postage for 500g its got to be worth a punt.

27-4-2014 4:26 pm  #57

sturose wrote:

Already got a tubing machine, can't be doing with the manual tubers so I bought one of the chinese plastic electric tubing machines. I know it probably won't last long but for £8 on ebay I thought it would be worth a shot, it works great BTW.

I think I'll give it a shot, maybe manually cutting the leaf 1st and if it works out well I could invest in the machine you linked to or maybe find some alternate way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISk1zvR4l_A

Shows you how to cut tobacco by hand with a pair of common or garden scissors. As you're using an auger tubing machine (I assume as most of the cheap chinese electric machines are ) you probably don't need to cut very fine strands as the auger tends to grind up the tobacco IME.

I bought one of those electric auger machines once and used it once. It was lethal- the machine got wicked hot, and the 'cherry' would fall off any cig it made. I binned it the same day and SH told me to invest in a top-o-matic and he was right.

Last edited by The Blocked Dwarf (27-4-2014 4:27 pm)

27-4-2014 4:57 pm  #58

sturose wrote:

Please stay well away from a cheap auger machine the costs involved are far to great.
My friend owned one for a very short time and in that short time it cost him 2 pairs of trousers 1 carpet and a car seat .
They grind the baccy far to fine and you never know where the cherry will end up next.

27-4-2014 5:24 pm  #59

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B-Q-SHREDDING-SCISSORS-5-Blades-Security-Craft-Food-Preparation-Home-Office-/331148511354

May be an idea, Anyone tried these?

The machine I bought was this one. It works for me and no problems so far but I will probably upgrade if I continue making my own ciggies (which I almost certainly will).

Top-o-Matic looks good but messy.

16-5-2014 5:12 pm  #60

Hi guys, I decided to give it a go and ordered some whole leaf. Package arrived today so I cleaned off the kitchen table to try attacking a couple of leaves with my decorating scissors.

Removing the stalk I found quite easy, the two sides of the leaf just tore away easily with little or no wastage. I rolled and compressed a couple of leaves into "bricks" and started snipping but the result wasn't as fine as I hoped and I was left with clumps of shredded tobacco which were quite difficult to separate. I dropped the shredded leaf into my kitchen blender and whizzed it round 3 or 4 times which separated it quite nicely.

Point of my post: The scissors method whilst working I found it wasn't very easy and didn't produce the results I had hoped for. How good is fredtheshred's machine? Worth the investment?

Also I tried to make a ciggie using my tubing machine with some of the finer cut stuff I had and the machine struggled like hell and the resulting cigarette was most certainly not the best. (I was turning blue at times trying to smoke it). Is this because I had not cut it fine enough or was it possibly still a bit too moist (or maybe a combination of both)?

I don't intend to quit trying with this stuff at £1.50 for 50g so any tools that you can suggest would be a help, already considering the top-o-matic if I can find anywhere to buy one.

Last edited by sturose (16-5-2014 5:14 pm)

Board footera