Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-12-2013 6:57 pm  #1

Crown Court Appeal Maidstone

Righto, got my court date set for the 17th Dec 2013, bit close to christmas if you ask mehttp://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/confused.png

I'm going to write in and try postpone it until the new year as i have urgent family matters to attend to which are beyond my control.

Just have to dig all my paperwork out now for round 2, and hopefully don't get stiched up like dover magistrates did to me in july.

I'll post back if they bother responding.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

03-12-2013 12:38 pm  #2

Re: Crown Court Appeal Maidstone

I'm due there the following day and need to have my hearing transferred closer to home due to serious health issues. The letter arrived too late on Friday to do much about it that day, but I sent a detailed request to their email address on Sunday. So far there has been no response even though we are well into the second working day since they received it! I've already printed it off with a covering letter stating that I am "saddened, but not surprised" that they are so incompetent and will be phoning them to say so after it has been posted by First Class Recorded Delivery.

Why is it that they can take 2 days to fail to respond to supposed instantaneous communication channels when before WWII you could take a trip from South Yorkshire to the East Coast, send a postcard home requesting a family member to meet you at the railway station and know they could receive in time to comply? Despite a century of technological 'improvements' the bureaucracy are even slower than they were in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. I'll let you know ASAP as to what is happening.

They lie on recordings; they lie on oath; their shysters lie on their behalf. Don't believe a word coming from the mouths (2 per person) of any UKBA officer.

04-12-2013 12:35 pm  #3

Due to poor word spacing on the summons I sent my first response/request by email to elisting.maidstone.crowncourt.gsi.gov.uk. Unfortunately the 'e' is not part of the email address, but my email didn't get bounced back as 'undeliverable'. No real idea why. Perhaps because I use Thunderbird as my email client. At least the followup letter sent through the post has been answered by return of post indicating that the information I sent has been referred to a QC!
Watch this space.

They lie on recordings; they lie on oath; their shysters lie on their behalf. Don't believe a word coming from the mouths (2 per person) of any UKBA officer.

09-12-2013 1:44 pm  #4

As expected the request to move the venue has been rejected pending "a comprehensive medical report to that effect and it will be considered". Obviously I can't get an appointment with ANY of the GPs in my surgery before the 17th which is far too late.

In the meantime I've had a very kind offer from a fellow forum member to put me up for the night at his home over 4 hours travelling time closer to Maidstone. I still have the problem of what to do about my dogs as the BIL can no longer step into the breach due to his health issues which are much the same as mine. Other than paying to kennel them for 2 days/1 night there's only my grand niece, but she already has 2 kids and 2 dogs to look after ...

No wonder that this case has been expedited to give me only 2 weeks to sort everything out!

10-12-2013 11:54 am  #5

Oops! Just thought ... I couldn't possibly get back home early enough to collect the dogs from the kennels, so they would have to be there for 3 days/2 nights! God knows how much that would cost as none of the local kennels which have websites put the prices up on their sites.

10-12-2013 12:24 pm  #6

As expected the request to move the venue has been rejected pending "a comprehensive medical report to that effect and it will be considered". Obviously I can't get an appointment with ANY of the GPs in my surgery before the 17th which is far too late.

you have since the magistrates hearing to prepare for the crown court appeal,http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/nerdy.png

quite a bit of money invloved with seized goods,court costs and duty payable,so the cost of kennels ,accomodation and fuel costs ect are the least of your worries.

ask for an ajournment until you can get a medical report if you beleive they will move it nearer to you.

Last edited by warrior (10-12-2013 12:27 pm)

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.
Better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep'

10-12-2013 1:50 pm  #7

Thanks Warrior, me hearty http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/rambo.png
Silly me: I didn't think about requesting an adjournment. I'll fire one off immediately as an email and follow it up with a paper version (First Class Recorded Delivery, of course) if I don't get an answer by tomorrow morning.

Ps. I've printed off 3 copies of all my documentary evidence only to realise that the court requires all of them and I'll have to print off another 2: One each for myself and the goons

10-12-2013 3:23 pm  #8

Sir Henry wrote:

Ps. I've printed off 3 copies of all my documentary evidence only to realise that the court requires all of them and I'll have to print off another 2: One each for myself and the goons

that`s wired as I had only 3 copies with me, one for court, one for UKBF and one for myself. I did`t even gave one to UKBA, judge shared his one with them.

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

10-12-2013 7:26 pm  #9

The summons requires me to send them "3 paginated copies to the court and one to the the respondent". I'm assuming that I may be facing a panel of 3 judges much as I faced 3 mags previously.

10-12-2013 7:56 pm  #10

I had 3 judges on my hearing at both courts. I don't know the rules only my experience. It will make it much easier for everyone if they have own bundles. In my case 'main' judge was looking at the bundle and than showing it to other judges. 

10-12-2013 7:57 pm  #11

Sir Henry wrote:

The summons requires me to send them "3 paginated copies to the court and one to the the respondent". I'm assuming that I may be facing a panel of 3 judges much as I faced 3 mags previously.

The court appears to be labouring under the misapprehension that this is a criminal appeal. In which case it is normal practice for a judge to sit with 2 magistrates.

http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/you-and-the-judiciary/going-to-court/crown-court#headingAnchor2

Appeals

The Crown Court deals mainly with appeals against conviction and/or sentence in respect of criminal offences dealt with in the magistrates’ court, including orders such as disqualification from driving or Anti-Social Behaviour Orders. The Crown Court may dismiss or allow the appeal and vary all or any part of the sentence. Appeals are usually heard by a Circuit Judge sitting with no more than four magistrates (normally two).

However, I believe that  condemnation proceedings are normally heard by a judge sitting alone (others will correct me if I am wrong about this)

10-12-2013 9:05 pm  #12

That's the problem: Normally this, normally that. Until I get there - or have it moved elsewhere - I won't know what I'll be facing. I can only hope that I will get a fairer hearing than the one at Dover mags!

19-12-2013 9:22 pm  #13

How did your case go, mrc?

Mine was a complete fuckup!

The car broke down on the A14 a few miles South-East of Huntingdon while I was otherwise well inside a decent ETA for 10:30 am. Then the AA sent a 'local' (??? based in Enfield ???) breakdown truck which arrived over an hour later. Obviously I informed the court ASAP! Then the breakdown service http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/confused.png
proceeded to carry the 'bus' to St Neots where they took over 4 times as long to fix the problem than I could have done it if I had all - other than just most - of the tools to hand and hadn't been wearing my best pinstripe 3-piece suit! £238 later I contacted the court to say that my SatNav was now giving a new ETA of 15:15, but I didn't believe it for a moment. Would you? I hoped to be there by 15:30 at the earliest, but ...

I eventually hobbled into Maidstone Combined Court Building at 16:00 to find that the court (number 5) was in darkness and the doors were locked. It turns out that (court documents to follow) the case had been heard in my absence and was found against me so that the judges, UKBF and their shyster could go home an hour early.. Your taxes in action!

Should I complain using the info in the "I want to complain: What do I do" leaflet that I picked up there or just refer it to a  tax tribunal in Sheffield, or both?

Ps. I had requested an adjournment so I could supply the requested proof of my heart and other medical conditions that could have (and proved to be) potentially inadvisable for me to be subjected to this kind of physical strain. It was apparantly ignored and I've had zero response regarding it.

Anyhoo, brothers and sisters: Fight the fight and LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION!

22-12-2013 12:58 pm  #14

The official verdict came through the post on Friday. 14 days to pay £807 (who's got that kind of cash to hand at this time of year?) and no explanantion as to what happened or was said during the hearing. I've now set out my reasons for complaining about my treatment from Maidstone Crown Court judges and will be posting it off tomorrow - First Class Recorded Delivery of course. *Fingers crossed*. If that doesn't work I'll be taking it to a tax tribunal which should be heard in Sheffield as I originally requested.

22-12-2013 1:36 pm  #15

vat and duties tribunals are usually held locally,within reason,if there is one in sheffield thats were it will be held,you need to base your case on hardship caused.

also probably only the reveiw officer will turn up,doubt they will send ukba all the way from dover,even if you request them to attend.

22-12-2013 1:57 pm  #16

Perhaps that explains the title of the Maidstone one as it includes the word 'Tribunal' and the building is called the Combined Court Building. I'd rather that the ossifer herself turn up and try to defend her lies and other unlawful actions now that I have a lot of proof that UKBF ignore the laws as laid out in CEMA. I know the lawfulness or otherwise is not within their remit, they nevertheless have to look at the alleged reasoning behind their actions and what they did or did not take into account.

I don't know about Tribunals, but there's a Crown Court in Sheffield, although Leeds isn't too far away. Might even take advantage of my buss pass to nip up on the train and make a day of it.

Because of those bastards I've been unwell since Wednesday. It's time that they were inconvenienced for once.

22-12-2013 3:20 pm  #17

At least you might just have an argument there to raise legality of the seizure in that you tried for an adjournment on health grounds and they would not delay whilst you were en-route. Everybody is supposed to have the right to put their case.
I don't know if a tribunal has the power though to overrule a mags decision.

23-12-2013 11:14 am  #18

The way I understand the tribunal is that they go right back to the stop, ignoring any intervening court cases, and re-examine what relevant grounds for the seizure were or were not taken into account. If you can show that the ossifer has 'done a Sked' by taking into account irrelevant grounds and simultaneously NOT taking into account grounds that were relevant, then they will find in your favour and overturn the legality of the seizure. If any or all of the seized items have been destroyed you now have an unassailable case for recompense.

23-12-2013 12:29 pm  #19

i think they can only recomend that you case is looked at again..

lots of tribunal decisions available to study online.

23-12-2013 12:34 pm  #20

Well tribunals can't overturn Court decision, as far as I remember they can't send it for reconsideration. It only apply to the decision made by commisioners, tribunals can make them look at the case again if they find in your favour.

Board footera