Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12-9-2014 4:52 pm  #61

Re: Crown Court Appeal Maidstone

Thanks gaz :-)

Tbh I've lost a lot of money through this ordeal in the range of £3k+ that's without the £2k in goods seized, so think it's an insult how they can get away with it, cert 144 my arse, they can protect themselves but the public can't??

I think another letter to my MP to tell them the superb news that were not guilty of being smugglers and that the whole process is are farce to try put people into finically ruin, I shall ask BF to reconsider their offer as I had to buy the goods at uk prices, and if they don't agree then I shall ask for safe passage back to Belgium to repurchase said goods without let or hinderance now it's been proven in the court of law that we are legitimate cross border shoppers.

Last edited by mrc (12-9-2014 4:52 pm)

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

13-9-2014 9:43 am  #62

I'm sure we've all heard about how the great British justice system is the envy of the rest of the world. What they don't know is that it comes at a price.

As MRC has found (and many others) being proved innocent comes at a price. Even then it's a 50/50 chance because ultimately it's one man's decision as to whether you are guilty or not. At one time of day the old saying of ''there is no smoke without fire'' was probably appropriate, but nowadays it's hard to get through a single day without breaking one law or another.

The EU is fast becoming a toothless icon with little or no interest in enforcing it's powers over it's member states. It allows governments to pick and choose what laws it chooses to adopt. Hence many of us regular travellers are more or less restricted to buying guideline amounts to avoid seizures and the trauma and expense that MRC and others have had to suffer.

I don't know the stats offhand but toniviolet's recent comment from Hull court '' we don't see that many condemnation proceedings here'', comes to mind. I have recently read a figure in an FOI of about 800+ condems a year. If that is correct there must be 1000's of people walking away and forfeiting their baccy.

Not a rant, more of a ramble...http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

13-9-2014 1:56 pm  #63

mrc wrote:

Thanks gaz :-)

I shall ask BF to reconsider their offer as I had to buy the goods at uk prices, and if they don't agree then I shall ask for safe passage back to Belgium to repurchase said goods without let or hinderance now it's been proven in the court of law that we are legitimate cross border shoppers.

I doubt they will reconsider but I would love to see the coffee machine reply to a letter asking for safe and unhindered passage to replace the goods that you should have been allowed to keep the first time.
I just wonder how they would double talk their way out of giving a binding response.

Please ensure you do not divulge any  information which could identify you as Border Force may take your posts here and attempt to quote parts of them out of context in court in order to try to discredit you.

Board footera