Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17-7-2015 10:10 pm  #21

Re: Case WON but problem getting money back

Oletimer wrote:

Hi Gang,
Just thought I'd keep you abreast of what's happening re: waiting for money.
Had a letter which says 'we're going to pay you for everything', fill in details on the form (Name, Bank, etc.)
The only bit I wasn't sure about was the bit which said: "...we shall pay you as soon as possible".
How long was that piece of string?
Am I right to understand the quote to say " we'll take as long as we possibly before we have GOT to pay you", or am I being cinical?
Anyway, they've agreed to cough up everything - eventually.
My brother said, ok, fine, now ask for a copy of your passport status regarding future movements, and whether they've put you on a watch list - can they/ do they do this?
He also said " now get over and buy the exact amount they stole, and carry the letters with you - and if they ask, you're only replacing what BF stole".
Anyway, looks like I shall win - sometime in the future.
Cheers
George

Oletimer how's it going, did you get everything back yet? Have you been stopped since?

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

17-7-2015 10:12 pm  #22

so how do you recon i can squeeze a bit more out of them?
what about tripping to and from court ? or even the trip back to belgium to replenish what was destroyed?

17-7-2015 10:17 pm  #23

did i also mention i've still got HMRC on my back for the duty on the tobacco, apparantly its for alcohol duty, not tobacco anymore and they've passed it onto a debt collector.

would you class that as harrasment??

17-7-2015 10:23 pm  #24

mrc wrote:

what about tripping to and from court ? or even the trip back to belgium to replenish what was destroyed?

If I remember rightly Piotrek argued the settlement and got a couple of hundred more. Send him a PM, if I'm right he'll tell you.

The court costs and travel costs are what the s144 protects BF from amongst other things. If you were to sue them they only have to produce the s144 certificate and it nullifies any claim.

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

17-7-2015 10:26 pm  #25

mrc wrote:

did i also mention i've still got HMRC on my back for the duty on the tobacco, apparantly its for alcohol duty, not tobacco anymore and they've passed it onto a debt collector.

Need more info. What alcohol was involved and was it included in your NOC and condems hearing?

17-7-2015 10:28 pm  #26

eezyrider wrote:

mrc wrote:

Need more info. What alcohol was involved and was it included in your NOC and condems hearing?

there was no alcohol, the £ amount is exactly the same they asked for the tobacco duty, they've fucked up somewhere. tobacco isn't even mentioned in the demand, it just says alcohol duty :-/

Last edited by mrc (17-7-2015 10:29 pm)

17-7-2015 10:41 pm  #27

If they have got it totally wrong then yes, harrassment is normally agood way of stopping it.

If you don't owe any money for alcohol duty I would write and ask for details. Point out there is no basis for the claim and then take your paperwork to your MP. MP's have a fastrack connection for these matters although it does not always work. Point out you are being harrassed.

Don't ignore it though, you need to stop the debt collectors. Surprising that cos' I thought HMRC always did their debt collecting through the mags court like council tax etc.

18-7-2015 4:13 am  #28

eezyrider wrote:

mrc wrote:

If I remember rightly Piotrek argued the settlement and got a couple of hundred more. Send him a PM, if I'm right he'll tell you.

The court costs and travel costs are what the s144 protects BF from amongst other things. If you were to sue them they only have to produce the s144 certificate and it nullifies any claim.

Hi. In my case cun** were offering me less money than I paid for the goods. I told them there is no was I will take it and than it came to the amount I paid for. That was my argument. If you have any solicitors it could be worth looking in human rights as they deprived you your property and destroyed it without court order. They only stick to them policy which is't the law.

20-7-2015 1:33 pm  #29

mrc wrote:

You should also be able to claim "reasonable" travel costs providing you can satisfy them that the purchase of the goods was the main purpose of your trip. In the past, HMRC were always prepared to concede this, when they were responsible for customs.

I managed to get an extra £100 in respect of  travel costs despite a Cert 144 being awarded. I believe davedog also had some success in this respect.

Board footera