Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24-5-2015 8:54 am  #1

how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

i am going to sunny beach blgaria this summer and i am hoping to bring back around 18 sleeves of all same brand, none for gifts all for me to last me until christmas i smoke roughly 120 cigs a week will be taking a sot and recording any interview, i will be showing them my calculations to the huge savings i will be making compared to uk prices, 4-5 weeks worth of wage slips showing over £330 per week and a bank statment showing over £6000 in my personal account so i can clearly afford it and the receipt of purchased cigarettes. the last time i went abroad was last august time outside the eu (only bought 200 cigs) i dont know what else i can do to prove to them they are for personal use or what they are going to try screw me over with i havent bought this amount of cigarettes back to the uk before, any other tips

24-5-2015 8:57 am  #2

Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

also i could do with the bulgarian customs letter so they dont try it on in bulgaria, the nature of my visit is a stag do there will also be 8 other guys with me all smokers but not all bringing the amounts that i have

Last edited by amaizaman (24-5-2015 9:00 am)

24-5-2015 9:00 am  #3

search for SOT on here, fill it up, print out and take it with you on the trip, also do the savings calculations, take balance slip from your account showing that you have money, I would't show them payslips with £330/week as they will use it against you saying that you wanna sell the cigarettes to make more money.
Thats what I'm taking with me on the trips, if they decide to seize my goods again I will be showing my disposable income letter which will be prepared by my accountant to prove I can afford shopping abroad.

Last edited by piotrek (24-5-2015 9:03 am)

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

24-5-2015 9:04 am  #4

amaizaman wrote:

also i could do with the bulgarian customs letter so they dont try it on in bulgaria, the nature of my visit is a stag do there will also be 8 other guys with me all smokers but not all bringing the amounts that i have

make sure you pay for plane tickets, all transfers, ect as if thats not the case they will seize your goods showing that someone paid for your trip.

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

24-5-2015 9:07 am  #5

thank but showing them i earn an ok wage paying all my taxes will also explain how i have good savings i am also a home owner and under 25 years old if not they might assume that i made money by bringing cigarettes to sell, it just proves i am in full time enployment, this is just my way of thinking but obviously you are more experienced than me so i will follow your advice thanks

24-5-2015 9:09 am  #6

yes i have paid for all 9 of us through a holiday company and everyone paid me the mpney and i paid for all the holiday on my debit card

24-5-2015 9:15 am  #7

amaizaman wrote:

yes i have paid for all 9 of us through a holiday company and everyone paid me the mpney and i paid for all the holiday on my debit card

so it does't look good for other that will be with you as it will look like you paid for them and they getting cigarettes for you. Everyone should pay for his own tickets unless you are close family (like I always pay for my wife tickets), you just giving them reason for seizure.

24-5-2015 9:17 am  #8

amaizaman wrote:

thank but showing them i earn an ok wage paying all my taxes will also explain how i have good savings i am also a home owner and under 25 years old if not they might assume that i made money by bringing cigarettes to sell, it just proves i am in full time enployment, this is just my way of thinking but obviously you are more experienced than me so i will follow your advice thanks

well when I was stopped in 2012 my income was more/less the same as yours and they decided that it was't enough to spend £1500 on cigarettes in one go. If you don't travel very often you wan't be able to make money by smuggling cigarettes.

24-5-2015 9:22 am  #9

hhhmmm its not looking good then i collected cash and paid for it as a group booking because it is my stag do, but im hinking not to bother with such a large amount now

24-5-2015 9:24 am  #10

piotrek wrote:

amaizaman wrote:

well when I was stopped in 2012 my income was more/less the same as yours and they decided that it was't enough to spend £1500 on cigarettes in one go. If you don't travel very often you wan't be able to make money by smuggling cigarettes.

it will only cost me araound 380 for 18 sleeves but the fact i  paid for us all on one debit card causes a major problem and we all risk losing everything

24-5-2015 10:21 am  #11

Good advice from piotrek!

I suggest you issue proper receipts to your friends for their contribution towards the holiday costs and make sure they carry them when returning. In any case customs would probably have a hard time of disproving 9 witness statements in court. Just make sure they know that they cannot accept reimbursement in cash or favours.

Also I always carry a trip log detailing travel over at least the last 12 months (if that has not been mentioned).

As I mentioned elsewhere I think the Bulgaria customs letter is now lost as it was on a ''share'' site.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

24-5-2015 11:28 am  #12

eezyrider wrote:

Good advice from piotrek!

I suggest you issue proper receipts to your friends for their contribution towards the holiday costs and make sure they carry them when returning. In any case customs would probably have a hard time of disproving 9 witness statements in court. Just make sure they know that they cannot accept reimbursement in cash or favours.

Also I always carry a trip log detailing travel over at least the last 12 months (if that has not been mentioned).

As I mentioned elsewhere I think the Bulgaria customs letter is now lost as it was on a ''share'' site.

yes great advice piotrek and thanks eezyrider all your advice has been brilliant and i am very greatful

24-5-2015 1:11 pm  #13

Are the other members of your trip bringing back Cigs and Baccy too ?

Garry

START HERE, By answering these questions. http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1526
Useful documents for download : http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=34
Goods been seized, Start here.  http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=78
SOT Thanks to TBD. http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=373

24-5-2015 7:40 pm  #14

N2Dgarry wrote:

Garry

there are only 2 hold luggages one of them is mine the other is my father inlaws we will both probably be bringing more than the recommended allowance everybody else will probably be bringing 3 or 4 packs each as they only have 6 kg hand luggage

25-5-2015 12:28 pm  #15

amaizaman wrote:

N2Dgarry wrote:

Garry

there are only 2 hold luggages one of them is mine the other is my father inlaws we will both probably be bringing more than the recommended allowance everybody else will probably be bringing 3 or 4 packs each as they only have 6 kg hand luggage

well if they stop you and find out that you have paid for the rest of the group they will try stop everyone of them to find out what do they have on them.
as eezyrider adviced you make some arrangements in writing that they have paid you for the tickets, try find out some benefits of booking together and put it there as well.
It may sound stupid specially now when they paid you the money back but UKBA will use anything to seize the goods.
and than it will be on you to prove that they were wrong.

25-5-2015 3:07 pm  #16

piotrek wrote:

amaizaman wrote:

N2Dgarry wrote:

Garry

well if they stop you and find out that you have paid for the rest of the group they will try stop everyone of them to find out what do they have on them.
as eezyrider adviced you make some arrangements in writing that they have paid you for the tickets, try find out some benefits of booking together and put it there as well.
It may sound stupid specially now when they paid you the money back but UKBA will use anything to seize the goods.
and than it will be on you to prove that they were wrong.

Receipt of payment                      
*********** booking reference for the holiday I have paid for on my debit card: *************

This is a receipt confirming that I *** ********* have received payment from you  *****  **** for your place on the group booking for my stag do in sunny beach Bulgaria on the **/**/2015 Flying from from Manchester airport to bourgas airport for * nights and returning on the **/**/2015. The Flight e-ticket will also be given to you

Amount due:

Amount paid:

Method of payment:

Date of payment:

Print name                                                  Print name

Signature                                                     signature

25-5-2015 3:09 pm  #17

would that be sufficient or what could i add or take away

25-5-2015 6:10 pm  #18

That's fine.

Only other point is since you mention that you and Pop are the only 2 with hold baggage, each person has to carry their own goods to qualify as personal imports. Arguably you are travelling as a group and it should not matter much but better not to take the chance.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

25-5-2015 6:48 pm  #19

eezyrider wrote:

That's fine.

Only other point is since you mention that you and Pop are the only 2 with hold baggage, each person has to carry their own goods to qualify as personal imports. Arguably you are travelling as a group and it should not matter much but better not to take the chance.

thanks for the advice as long as everybody carries their own tobacco products would it matter that i take some of their clothes toiletries etc in my hold luggage

26-5-2015 5:08 pm  #20

Just my input but I would have some proof of forthcoming marriage hence reason for travelling in group.

Board footera