Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



24-5-2015 8:54 am  #1


how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

i am going to sunny beach blgaria this summer and i am hoping to bring back around 18 sleeves of all same brand, none for gifts all for me to last me until christmas i smoke roughly 120 cigs a week will be taking a sot and recording any interview, i will be showing them my calculations to the huge savings i will be making compared to uk prices, 4-5 weeks worth of wage slips showing over £330 per week and a bank statment showing over £6000 in my personal account so i can clearly afford it and the receipt of purchased cigarettes. the last time i went abroad was last august time outside the eu (only bought 200 cigs) i dont know what else i can do to prove to them they are for personal use or what they are going to try screw me over with i havent bought this amount of cigarettes back to the uk before, any other tips

 

24-5-2015 8:57 am  #2


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

also i could do with the bulgarian customs letter so they dont try it on in bulgaria, the nature of my visit is a stag do there will also be 8 other guys with me all smokers but not all bringing the amounts that i have

Last edited by amaizaman (24-5-2015 9:00 am)

     Thread Starter
 

24-5-2015 9:00 am  #3


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

search for SOT on here, fill it up, print out and take it with you on the trip, also do the savings calculations, take balance slip from your account showing that you have money, I would't show them payslips with £330/week as they will use it against you saying that you wanna sell the cigarettes to make more money.
Thats what I'm taking with me on the trips, if they decide to seize my goods again I will be showing my disposable income letter which will be prepared by my accountant to prove I can afford shopping abroad.

Last edited by piotrek (24-5-2015 9:03 am)


Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.
 

24-5-2015 9:04 am  #4


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

amaizaman wrote:

also i could do with the bulgarian customs letter so they dont try it on in bulgaria, the nature of my visit is a stag do there will also be 8 other guys with me all smokers but not all bringing the amounts that i have

make sure you pay for plane tickets, all transfers, ect as if thats not the case they will seize your goods showing that someone paid for your trip.
 


Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.
 

24-5-2015 9:07 am  #5


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

thank but showing them i earn an ok wage paying all my taxes will also explain how i have good savings i am also a home owner and under 25 years old if not they might assume that i made money by bringing cigarettes to sell, it just proves i am in full time enployment, this is just my way of thinking but obviously you are more experienced than me so i will follow your advice thanks

     Thread Starter
 

24-5-2015 9:09 am  #6


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

yes i have paid for all 9 of us through a holiday company and everyone paid me the mpney and i paid for all the holiday on my debit card

     Thread Starter
 

24-5-2015 9:15 am  #7


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

amaizaman wrote:

yes i have paid for all 9 of us through a holiday company and everyone paid me the mpney and i paid for all the holiday on my debit card

so it does't look good for other that will be with you as it will look like you paid for them and they getting cigarettes for you. Everyone should pay for his own tickets unless you are close family (like I always pay for my wife tickets), you just giving them reason for seizure.
 


Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.
 

24-5-2015 9:17 am  #8


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

amaizaman wrote:

thank but showing them i earn an ok wage paying all my taxes will also explain how i have good savings i am also a home owner and under 25 years old if not they might assume that i made money by bringing cigarettes to sell, it just proves i am in full time enployment, this is just my way of thinking but obviously you are more experienced than me so i will follow your advice thanks

well when I was stopped in 2012 my income was more/less the same as yours and they decided that it was't enough to spend £1500 on cigarettes in one go. If you don't travel very often you wan't be able to make money by smuggling cigarettes.
 


Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.
 

24-5-2015 9:22 am  #9


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

hhhmmm its not looking good then i collected cash and paid for it as a group booking because it is my stag do, but im hinking not to bother with such a large amount now

     Thread Starter
 

24-5-2015 9:24 am  #10


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

piotrek wrote:

amaizaman wrote:

thank but showing them i earn an ok wage paying all my taxes will also explain how i have good savings i am also a home owner and under 25 years old if not they might assume that i made money by bringing cigarettes to sell, it just proves i am in full time enployment, this is just my way of thinking but obviously you are more experienced than me so i will follow your advice thanks

well when I was stopped in 2012 my income was more/less the same as yours and they decided that it was't enough to spend £1500 on cigarettes in one go. If you don't travel very often you wan't be able to make money by smuggling cigarettes.
 

it will only cost me araound 380 for 18 sleeves but the fact i  paid for us all on one debit card causes a major problem and we all risk losing everything
 

     Thread Starter
 

24-5-2015 10:21 am  #11


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

Good advice from piotrek!

I suggest you issue proper receipts to your friends for their contribution towards the holiday costs and make sure they carry them when returning. In any case customs would probably have a hard time of disproving 9 witness statements in court. Just make sure they know that they cannot accept reimbursement in cash or favours.

Also I always carry a trip log detailing travel over at least the last 12 months (if that has not been mentioned).

As I mentioned elsewhere I think the Bulgaria customs letter is now lost as it was on a ''share'' site.


http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

 
 

24-5-2015 11:28 am  #12


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

eezyrider wrote:

Good advice from piotrek!

I suggest you issue proper receipts to your friends for their contribution towards the holiday costs and make sure they carry them when returning. In any case customs would probably have a hard time of disproving 9 witness statements in court. Just make sure they know that they cannot accept reimbursement in cash or favours.

Also I always carry a trip log detailing travel over at least the last 12 months (if that has not been mentioned).

As I mentioned elsewhere I think the Bulgaria customs letter is now lost as it was on a ''share'' site.

yes great advice piotrek and thanks eezyrider all your advice has been brilliant and i am very greatful

     Thread Starter
 

24-5-2015 1:11 pm  #13


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

Are the other members of your trip bringing back Cigs and Baccy too ?

Garry


START HERE, By answering these questions. http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1526
Useful documents for download : http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=34
Goods been seized, Start here.  http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=78
SOT Thanks to TBD. http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=373
 

24-5-2015 7:40 pm  #14


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

N2Dgarry wrote:

Are the other members of your trip bringing back Cigs and Baccy too ?

Garry

there are only 2 hold luggages one of them is mine the other is my father inlaws we will both probably be bringing more than the recommended allowance everybody else will probably be bringing 3 or 4 packs each as they only have 6 kg hand luggage

     Thread Starter
 

25-5-2015 12:28 pm  #15


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

amaizaman wrote:

N2Dgarry wrote:

Are the other members of your trip bringing back Cigs and Baccy too ?

Garry

there are only 2 hold luggages one of them is mine the other is my father inlaws we will both probably be bringing more than the recommended allowance everybody else will probably be bringing 3 or 4 packs each as they only have 6 kg hand luggage

well if they stop you and find out that you have paid for the rest of the group they will try stop everyone of them to find out what do they have on them.
as eezyrider adviced you make some arrangements in writing that they have paid you for the tickets, try find out some benefits of booking together and put it there as well.
It may sound stupid specially now when they paid you the money back but UKBA will use anything to seize the goods.
and than it will be on you to prove that they were wrong.
 


Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.
 

25-5-2015 3:07 pm  #16


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

piotrek wrote:

amaizaman wrote:

N2Dgarry wrote:

Are the other members of your trip bringing back Cigs and Baccy too ?

Garry

there are only 2 hold luggages one of them is mine the other is my father inlaws we will both probably be bringing more than the recommended allowance everybody else will probably be bringing 3 or 4 packs each as they only have 6 kg hand luggage

well if they stop you and find out that you have paid for the rest of the group they will try stop everyone of them to find out what do they have on them.
as eezyrider adviced you make some arrangements in writing that they have paid you for the tickets, try find out some benefits of booking together and put it there as well.
It may sound stupid specially now when they paid you the money back but UKBA will use anything to seize the goods.
and than it will be on you to prove that they were wrong.
 

Receipt of payment                      
*********** booking reference for the holiday I have paid for on my debit card: *************
 
This is a receipt confirming that I *** ********* have received payment from you  *****  **** for your place on the group booking for my stag do in sunny beach Bulgaria on the **/**/2015 Flying from from Manchester airport to bourgas airport for * nights and returning on the **/**/2015. The Flight e-ticket will also be given to you
 
Amount due:
 
Amount paid:
 
Method of payment:
 
Date of payment:
 
 
 
Print name                                                  Print name
 
Signature                                                     signature
 
 

     Thread Starter
 

25-5-2015 3:09 pm  #17


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

would that be sufficient or what could i add or take away

     Thread Starter
 

25-5-2015 6:10 pm  #18


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

That's fine.

Only other point is since you mention that you and Pop are the only 2 with hold baggage, each person has to carry their own goods to qualify as personal imports. Arguably you are travelling as a group and it should not matter much but better not to take the chance.


http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

 
 

25-5-2015 6:48 pm  #19


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

eezyrider wrote:

That's fine.

Only other point is since you mention that you and Pop are the only 2 with hold baggage, each person has to carry their own goods to qualify as personal imports. Arguably you are travelling as a group and it should not matter much but better not to take the chance.

thanks for the advice as long as everybody carries their own tobacco products would it matter that i take some of their clothes toiletries etc in my hold luggage

     Thread Starter
 

26-5-2015 5:08 pm  #20


Re: how else can i prove cigarettes are for my own personal use

Just my input but I would have some proof of forthcoming marriage hence reason for travelling in group.

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum

Disclaimer:- This forum is an open forum, and anyone can post their thoughts here (within reason). Therefore the views expressed here are those of individuals and not necessarily those of Nothing 2 Declare. We try to allow as much freedom of speech as possible, including views that some may find objectionable. This includes the views of UKBA, Border Force, HMRC, legitimate cross-border shoppers, non-legitimate importers, general public and anyone else that wishes to post.
Regarding ourselves, we categorically do not condone smuggling and neither do we condone the current tactics used against legitimate cross-border shoppers by UKBA/Border Force and HMRC. The current tactics benefit both Customs and smugglers alike.
Although some people use real names, there is no guarantee that they are who they say they are; it is impossible for us to verify identities of all members.