Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08-6-2015 1:10 pm  #1

DAY TRIP

Travelled down to dover to do our monthly shopping and stock up on beer/wine ready for the summer camping,this prob our last trip for a few months as we have every weekend booked at steam rallys through the summer months,so needed plenty of beer /wine to see us through.

checked in in dover no hold ups or real checks,and was handed a sheet of paper,apprently 2 unexploded bombs had been found in calais and diversions were in place,when we landed in calais it had already been cleared and no hold ups...........but as we drove out the port onto the dual carrigway,suddenly a car stopped in front of us,i thought it had broken down,then on the other side of the carrigway leadinginto the port there was a que of lorries and about 200 illegals climbing all over them and police everywere,the car in front of us was some more police with guns who jumped over to the other side ,It all happened so quick but was a big commotion,we swerved round the stopped car and drove off quick ha ha.

Arriving back to calais port everything had quietened down by then,drove through passport control,very pleasant ukbf and onto the ferry.

Back in dover ,no real hold ups and no stop.

Drove upto richmond upon thames were we spent the night at a freinds place before heading home this morning,good trip was had and stocked up on refreshments for the summer holidays.

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.
Better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep'

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

09-6-2015 5:46 am  #2

Re: DAY TRIP

How much are you saving on beer? Do you know prices of spirits abroad? I'm interested in Absolut and Finlandia vodka.

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

09-6-2015 8:24 am  #3

I dont buy spirits,there is not a lot of saving.

we buy scrumpy jack cider 24 x 500ml -£5  (dated end of may 15)

saint omer belguim beer 24 x 500ml £9.90

wine 50p x 70ml 

john smiths 24 x 500ml £16

may not seem much,but certainly adds up,plus we enjoy the travelling as that is what we do anyway on a weekly basis,we have freinds all over the uk and combine our trips to france visiting them on the way there and back.

Better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep'

10-6-2015 2:48 pm  #4

Bit off topic,  but there are big savings to be made on spirits in Luxembourg
1tr smirnof 12e
Same savings on whiskey e.t.c

10-6-2015 5:36 pm  #5

dirtyrider wrote:

Bit off topic, but there are big savings to be made on spirits in Luxembourg
1tr smirnof 12e
Same savings on whiskey e.t.c

That's about half UK supermarket price. Smirnoff 1ltr is normally £18, occasionally on offer at 15 quid.

Cheapest I've found in Belgium is Real T @ £12-90.

10-6-2015 6:27 pm  #6

Thanks for info. Seems like its not worth going only for drinks. I don't drink smirnoff since I was sick once after it.

10-6-2015 11:13 pm  #7

Route 66 sell smirnof at 12.50 e
But you can get it cheaper (and all other spirits) at wassbillig on the lux/German border

Board footera