Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06-9-2016 7:07 pm  #1

Quiet trip.

Been over today via the tunnel.

​Considering all the media coverage about yesterday's blockade of the A16 re migrants, I expected to see some aftermath. The tunnel was quiet this end. The A16 was very quiet all the way up to Adinkerke but the satnav flashed up a warning of people and objects in the road. We saw nothing. I noticed they have put up a fence behind the m/way barrier where the new camp is at Dunkirk.

​Nobody in Real tabac but plenty of UK reg cars parked up so don't know where they all were. Did see a couple walking around with a vanload of stuff in bags!

​Noticed on the way up, the m/way was clear on the other side so went back to Dunkirk for shopping. The holdups showing on all the route planners are from the Belgian border to the Ghyvelde turnoff. In actual fact the outside lane is coned off and the cones bring you off at Ghyvelde, take you round the island and back on to the A16 on the other side of the junction. There is no roadworks going on at all so I guess it's so the French can set up border controls at a minute's notice.

One or two deals on at Auchan Dunkirk and then on to Pidou. Bought a few cases of wine.Back to the tunnel, very busy. French police doing random security checks with dogs and all. Breezed through UK border controls with not a word.

​Either we were very lucky or there are no problems in daylight.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

07-9-2016 8:05 am  #2

Re: Quiet trip.

Glad trip went well

It was much more chaotic last December when A16 closed at same turning in France.

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force may use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

07-9-2016 2:29 pm  #3

Glad to hear it went well Eezy and very interesting to read your comments.
I am minded of the time I travelled during Operation Stuck and found no traffic at all.  I think our drive time to Dover and return were within a minute or two of the norm.
Info and "intelligence" from the field is important given the hype in the press at the moment.
Here the latest wherein more taxpayers money will be burned courtesy of the largesse of our politicians on a wall to reinforce security on the A16. 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3777787/UK-Work-begin-Calais-wall-stop-Channel-migrants.html
At some stage the politicians will need to grasp the nettle and start sending these mostly economic migrants home.........evidently not yet.

JMK

07-9-2016 2:50 pm  #4

Total waste of taxpayers money!

In my view if they are building more walls or fences, the simple solution would be to put one around the jungle. They have proved they will not live in an environment like that, especially if they are all fingerprinted. Do that and I think the jungle would empty quicker than a leaky kettle.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

08-9-2016 8:12 am  #5

I recall the days when one saw loads of people walking from Sangatte to the terminals

I like the idea of putting a fence round the Jungle

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force may use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

08-9-2016 2:41 pm  #6

nadger wrote:

I recall the days when one saw loads of people walking from Sangatte to the terminals

I like the idea of putting a fence round the Jungle

I think you might be on to something here Eezy;)

It would be a lot simpler to manage too.

JMK

Board footera