Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20-10-2018 2:44 pm  #1

BRUGGES MINI CRUISE

Just back from a motorist mini cruise.
Last minute booking between partners hostpital appointments, she decided a trip to the TYNE COT war cemetry was in order, strange choice but anyone who knows her will know her sense of humour.

CHecked in at Hull then directed into security for a quick vehicle check, one wannabe security had the cheek to ask if we were carrying and cash,above 1k, wtf has it got to do with security?  I bit my tongue and didnt say anything. we dont carry big sums of cash anyway as its better to use a credit card with 0%commision these days.

Landed in zebrugge on time after a smooth crossing and quiet boat.
We decided it wasnt worth going to calais for wine as its only £1 cheaper and didnt need a lot,so everything bought from pidou at dunkirke, exchange rate worked out at slightly less than 1.14 so saved around £14.
Upto adinkirke for a bit of baccy that worked out £5.53 for springfield green, compared to paying £5.70 in cash.

Diesel around the same price as uk so no real saving there.
All shopping done by 12.00pm so off to TYNE COT , fanatstic place to visit and very moving, one thing i noticed was a chav walking around with a box of poppy's and  a small box of wooden crosses,selling them to visitors, i didnt think id see a 'lucky lucky' man in belguim and certainly not in a war cemetry, but they get everywhere.

Back to the port in plenty of time,didnt see any immigrants anywere on our trip, boat was quiet again even though there seemed to be a lot of passengers ,and even an announcement in the morning that there may be delays for foot passengers due to the volume of passengers.
Had tea in the kitchen resturant,and the food was very good.
We were about 15th vehicle off boat and round to pcp, group of ukbf stood about chatting amongst themselves but noticed they had no safety boots on just trainers ect ,so they had probably just finished a shift and were not actually on duty. They didnt seem to be taking much notice of anyone at all.

Just a few routine questions at pcp and we were on our way.

Nice pleasant trip with just enough stock to see us upto christmas .....

Last edited by warrior (20-10-2018 2:47 pm)

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.
Better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep'

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

20-10-2018 7:33 pm  #2

Re: BRUGGES MINI CRUISE

Glad it wasn't me with security, there would have been a right ruckus - like last time. Everybody connected with security had a roasting in the end from P&O's Ops Director and I got an apology.

It's good that the card is working but it does not work with all products at Adinkerke. Pays to do the sums. Last time I checked the exchange rate for my Cafe Creme was 1-30 if paying in sterling.

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

20-10-2018 10:26 pm  #3

Re: BRUGGES MINI CRUISE

i did get some of that beer aswell eezy, not bad stuff for the price.

Better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep'

Board footera