Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-10-2012 9:45 am  #1

Giving up the fight.

We've had many a case where we've helped people with their appeal.  Everything is fine until after they put their appeal in ... because then they disappear and won't even answer our e-mails that enquire as to the current state of their appeal.

One can confidently say that they've had a response from the 'coffee machine' at NPSU. One has to assume that they've been frightened off by the threat of going to court. This is their choice but we do find it rather rude that they don't respond to our correspondence. Manners cost nothing.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png We don't do nice ... we do right!

When cross-border shopping, take your Statement of Truth etc and ALWAYS record the Border Force interviews and NEVER EVER sign their notebook ... Period!

22-10-2012 9:48 am  #2

Re: Giving up the fight.

Very much in agreement. At least let you know they ain't got the stomach for the fight. If they new you guys properly they'd know its like having the best Philidelphia lawyer on your case. Thanx for all your help guys.

22-10-2012 10:15 am  #3

I have to say I'm a bit surprised there has not been that many cries for help on the forum. Maybe folks don't like to go public with their experiences even though they can remain anonymous.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

22-10-2012 10:21 am  #4

Sadly, the intimidation works on many folk when they get their goods seized. Only a small minority appeal and an even smaller minority dare to go 'public' albeit that it is really anon. We get weekly cries for help re e-mail but most disappear when we respond.  (depressed)

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png We don't do nice ... we do right!

When cross-border shopping, take your Statement of Truth etc and ALWAYS record the Border Force interviews and NEVER EVER sign their notebook ... Period!

22-10-2012 10:27 am  #5

eezyrider wrote:

I have to say I'm a bit surprised there has not been that many cries for help on the forum. Maybe folks don't like to go public with their experiences even though they can remain anonymous.

I think only a small percent of people robbed actually think that they may be able to fight it. Most no doubt fall for the UKBF intimidatory scare tatics -"have you got thousands of pounds if you lose?"- etc. And those that do think about fighting it probably think it was all just a mistake and that they need only write to the UKBF and their car and goods will be returned with a bunch of flowers and a handwritten apology.

Or they phone their usual solicitor and got told to drop it.

Face it, Brits are sheeples at heart. A stiff upper lip comes from being arsed raped by those in power over you....its not actually something to be proud of.

Last edited by The Blocked Dwarf (22-10-2012 10:27 am)

"I, uh, let her out the trunk...heard what, err, She snarled at THEM...."

22-10-2012 10:28 am  #6

Well, my stomach has been lined with the information I found from you guys and sad to say, I'm almost wanting a fight with the STAZI. I don't actually, i'd rather sail through every time. But if one asks me for a square go, I'll know I've at least got a fighting chance of leaving the goon with a bloody nose (emotionally and professionaly that is!!)

22-10-2012 2:56 pm  #7

eezyrider wrote:

hi

once listening to a phone in about customs and seizures ....it was said only 10% actually try to claim their goods back ..this being 10 out of every hundred

most of the ten will drop out along the way because of all the paraphernalia you have to go through [scaring tactics and threats etc]

i did advise a couple victims to appeal outside the p&o terminal...the response was more or less what is the point ..or its not worth the hassle u cant beat customs..

why i dont know but people just seem to accept it ...this is why they go on doing what they do...i heard female ukbf say to one chap nice try and laugh...[he had 50pkt]the chap just walked away.....they are so arrogant...he lived in Newcastle and said it would cost him more travelling back to hull for a court case ...

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.”

22-10-2012 3:12 pm  #8

eezyrider wrote:

I want to go public with my case and bring into the open exactly how me and my family were treated at Hull last December, I cant do it alone, I need people with similar experiences to join forces with me!

22-10-2012 3:15 pm  #9

Well you seem to have arrived at the right place. I went to a case which was adjourned in Hamilton (for George) just so that I was there for support. You'll get plenty support here. Fight the fight!!! I won.

22-10-2012 6:47 pm  #10

Tony1956 wrote:

eezyrider wrote:

I want to go public with my case and bring into the open exactly how me and my family were treated at Hull last December, I cant do it alone, I need people with similar experiences to join forces with me!

have u tried contacting your local radio ...to get the ball rolling

“If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.”

05-11-2012 6:51 pm  #11

xtina wrote:

Tony1956 wrote:

eezyrider wrote:

have u tried contacting your local radio ...to get the ball rolling

We need a radio station that is willing to air this problem, on the other hand by blowing off steam on air to the country might only get us laughed at, all those/me/us that have been subject to this persecution need to stand together and fight them, Im not scared of them, and I dont mind the public knowing that its me making the waves. I contacted a solicitor in Oldham (he was suggested in here, not to me directly, to the forum as a whole) I gave him an outline of my case, the 100% evidence in my favour proving fake evidence and lies, I sent this info weeks ago and he has not had the decency to reply. I suppose he needed to know what my bank balance was first!

05-11-2012 9:58 pm  #12

Problem is Tony there's no mileage to be gained from taking up the fight on behalf of smokers, either politically or career wise.
From reading various articles I understood UKIP had a liberal view towards personal freedoms. One of my local MEPs is UkIP so I contacted him and his reply was something like " I don't want to get into a legal thing over this. Border Force are reasonable people if you smile at them. Just bring back less goods next time ".

We appear to be a small minority of people fighting for our freedom of choice, just as there are many other small minorities fighting for their cause.

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

07-4-2016 8:00 am  #13

More people need to STAND UP AND FIGHT I agree, I been crossing the channel for 20 years, and have been harassed on many occasions. Most the time let go on my way with no problems (they only doing there job lol) but when you get a trumped up little ego boosted (by his job) BF officer who believes his opinion is right, then you have to STAND UP and prove them wrong. I know now (with the help for this forum) its all about being well prepared before you go. I am very glad I found this forum and would like to thanks you all for the very much appreciated help and support.

Board footera