Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03-8-2012 7:46 am  #1

How complaints are handled nowadays

We and many others reckon complaints are handled by the coffee machine such is the pathetic response. The mechanism in place is, in our view, totally to whitewash any complaints received. Standard coffee machine response is that the officers conformed to 'procedures' ... and that's it!.

The Independent Inspector is little better. They'll respond to everything EXCEPT how these stop, searches and interviews are done. l know, l've tried quite a few times.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png We don't do nice ... we do right!

When cross-border shopping, take your Statement of Truth etc and ALWAYS record the Border Force interviews and NEVER EVER sign their notebook ... Period!

03-8-2012 8:28 am  #2

Re: How complaints are handled nowadays

same here,and after seeing a few more responses,the replies all look the same,they must have a template reading the same,really disheartening.

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.
Better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep'

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

03-8-2012 10:28 am  #3

What gets up my nose is the plethora of assumptions that are paraded as 'facts'. "you claim to smoke more than is possible", "you MUST be fetching a large quantity of the same goods every time you visit the continent ", "In my opinion you don't even smoke", etc. Any or all of which can be presented as 'proof' of carrying goods 'for commercial purposes'. No other state department would be allowed to get away with that kind of crap, but the magistrates seem to lap it up as though it comes direct from God.
As for their codes of conduct; it would seem that none of the front line officers are aware of their existence!

Ps. Just had a thought ... Rather than refuse to sign the interrogating officer's notebook it could be better to write something along the lines of

I do not accept that the above is a true and factual record

then sign and date it so that no more crap can be written into the 'record' after you're long gone.

Last edited by Sir Henry (03-8-2012 10:33 am)

They lie on recordings; they lie on oath; their shysters lie on their behalf. Don't believe a word coming from the mouths (2 per person) of any UKBA officer.

03-8-2012 11:05 am  #4

Sir Henry wrote:

What gets up my nose is the plethora of assumptions that are paraded as 'facts'. "you claim to smoke more than is possible", "you MUST be fetching a large quantity of the same goods every time you visit the continent ", "In my opinion you don't even smoke", etc. Any or all of which can be presented as 'proof' of carrying goods 'for commercial purposes'. No other state department would be allowed to get away with that kind of crap, but the magistrates seem to lap it up as though it comes direct from God.
As for their codes of conduct; it would seem that none of the front line officers are aware of their existence!

Ps. Just had a thought ... Rather than refuse to sign the interrogating officer's notebook it could be better to write something along the lines of

then sign and date it so that no more crap can be written into the 'record' after you're long gone.

l prefer to ignore the damn thing completely. Seeing as one should have a recording of the interview l can't see any reason to sign it. Also l'd rather stick with the advice 'don't sign it' as to put a comment under the notebook would be confusing to people l fear. They may not word it right or things along that line and make it worse for themselves. the act of refusing to sign shows that you don't endorse the notebook in any form whatsoever.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png We don't do nice ... we do right!

When cross-border shopping, take your Statement of Truth etc and ALWAYS record the Border Force interviews and NEVER EVER sign their notebook ... Period!

03-8-2012 1:03 pm  #5

i did once sign a notebook with words to that effect,the interveiwing officer wasn't impressed at all,but i did have my goods returned and they wasn't seized,ha ha.

But from now on i will decline any offer to sign a notebook

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.
Better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep'

03-8-2012 1:29 pm  #6

I've had many a discussion about how much it is possible to smoke with UKBA/HMRC over the years.
The world record holder was King Urbanu Zog the first the last the only King of Albania..
He smoked 400 double length Balkan Sobranie Cocktail Cigarettes a day, It did help that he owned the company.
The Albanian end of the company was nationalised in 1947 and the rest ended up with Gallahers now Japan Tabac Intl.
If you smoke as much as me you undoubtedly get earache from your GP. Get a 'sick note' stating you smoke suicidal amounts , since I got mine I've not had a seizure and I bring in 2 Kg a month, I used to smoke more , going on for 1 Kg a week, and my dad smoked more than me. 
"you claim to smoke more than is possible", You now know what is possible...400 doubles = just over 500grms a DAY

03-8-2012 2:00 pm  #7

Bobi wrote:

He smoked 400 double length Balkan Sobranie Cocktail Cigarettes a day, I

Damn! I used to smoke
5 packs of strong filterless a day until I met the The Bestes Frau In The World and she wanted me to cut down. Now on 2-3 packs of 'tubed' depending on what I'm doing.

I too have a GP's note in my SOT to say I is a heavy smoker.

*hopes he has the BBCode right...been a whiles*

"I, uh, let her out the trunk...heard what, err, She snarled at THEM...."

Board footera