Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-12-2012 6:45 pm  #21

Re: Members, Should we close this to members Only

I really like George's idea. If there are no seizures on a particular run then the SC could perhaps donate the Puff Puff Fund to the "Old Farts Who Fought In WW2" (no disrespect intended) groups that SH supports or to some crippled bugger who can't get across hisself (another bee in SH's bonnet).

Last edited by The Blocked Dwarf (22-12-2012 6:46 pm)

"I, uh, let her out the trunk...heard what, err, She snarled at THEM...."

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

22-12-2012 6:55 pm  #22

N2Dgarry wrote:

celticmanx wrote:

I don't know how to donate or join the club

Goto n2d.sc and top left of page is a donate button.

Garry

Or n2d.me ... again at left hand side

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png We don't do nice ... we do right!

It's not that l have something to hide ... it's l have nothing l want to show you.

22-12-2012 7:05 pm  #23

George wrote:

How about after every trip on the Puff Puff bus the passengers donate two to five pouches of hrt or a sleeve of fags into a central pool, Then if any member is unlucky enough to lose their purchase an agreed amount of baccy could be given to save them having to buy in Tesco until the next trip is arranged.
This could be replaced if the tobacco is restored or compensated. But replaced at Belguim prices.

Thats what I think.

Great idea! Would have to be gifts after the event otherwise the 'pool' would not belong to anyone and the highwaymen would nick it m'thinks.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png We don't do nice ... we do right!

It's not that l have something to hide ... it's l have nothing l want to show you.

27-12-2012 9:05 pm  #24

Smoking Hot wrote:

George wrote:

How about after every trip on the Puff Puff bus the passengers donate two to five pouches of hrt or a sleeve of fags into a central pool, Then if any member is unlucky enough to lose their purchase an agreed amount of baccy could be given to save them having to buy in Tesco until the next trip is arranged.
This could be replaced if the tobacco is restored or compensated. But replaced at Belguim prices.

Thats what I think.

Great idea! Would have to be gifts after the event otherwise the 'pool' would not belong to anyone and the highwaymen would nick it m'thinks.

and if it would be fortunate that it never be used, there would sure be a lot of baccy in the horde, that could be shared out at the end of the year to all that contributed.

good idea

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

05-1-2013 4:49 pm  #25

Personally, I felt when reading the Joker’s request for info and I would not be surprised if there had been other such ones in the past (there used to be many on the other site when it was going) that newbies should be encouraged to get some experience first if they are travelling independently. 

And if someone is planning a first trip and looking for advice, then my advice would be stick to guideline limits.

If a newbie would prefer to join a N2D organised trip, then that may be set out as an alternative to them.  When they can then meet other shoppers and get to understand a little bit about overseas shopping.  That may require joining the N2D social club.

I agree with comments made by other posters that closing the forum, or a mandatory joining fee would likely dissuade internet surfers from starting to post.  Further I think that any revenue that might be generated from advertising (links to the ferry companies) and so on would be a good idea.

Best wishes,

JMK

Last edited by Johny_MK (05-1-2013 4:52 pm)

Board footera