Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13-1-2013 5:19 pm  #1

charleroi airport

Hi all
just returned from the above and they now don't sell tobacco and cigs if travelling in eu.

there was no golden virgina or amber leaf they sold drum and Samson but only if travelling outside eu.

Is there anywhere close to charleroi to get tobacco apart from ostend

cheers

13-1-2013 6:05 pm  #2

Re: charleroi airport

twa761 wrote:

Hi all
just returned from the above and they now don't sell tobacco and cigs if travelling in eu.

there was no golden virgina or amber leaf they sold drum and Samson but only if travelling outside eu.

Is there anywhere close to charleroi to get tobacco apart from ostend

cheers

At the moment I am getting the train to Ostend, (Charleroi Sud to Brussels Midi then Brussels Midi to Ostend), it takes about 2 hours 10 minutes, you can go to De Panne from Brussels Midi too but it takes about an hour longer. Im sure one of the shops at the airport has Amber Leaf and GV, my brother said they do so I will verify this. Just an observation, the train costs 40 Euro return outside of summer time, we buy a ten journey ticket that lasts twelve months, it costs 76 Euro

13-1-2013 8:56 pm  #3

You can go from Charleroi on bus from right outside the airport straight to brussels. Its about an hour and the last time I did that (some time ago) it was about 15 Euro.

14-1-2013 1:44 pm  #4

they have taken gv and amber leaf off shelf and lady behind counter said as from 1st Jan they were not selling it anymore.

14-1-2013 4:03 pm  #5

twa761 wrote:

they have taken gv and amber leaf off shelf and lady behind counter said as from 1st Jan they were not selling it anymore.

l really don't understand these people's mentality when they purposely hurt their own business. lt's beyond belief.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png We don't do nice ... we do right!

When cross-border shopping, take your Statement of Truth etc and ALWAYS record the Border Force interviews and NEVER EVER sign their notebook ... Period!

15-1-2013 7:38 am  #6

Smoking Hot wrote:

twa761 wrote:

l really don't understand these people's mentality when they purposely hurt their own business. lt's beyond belief.

We have told the guy in the shop that he would have lots of customers for UK tobacco brands, especially Gold Leaf, because everyone is having to do a 5 hour round trip on the trains to get it!

03-7-2015 7:34 am  #7

Hi All,
After trying to travel Tues 30th June on Le Shuttle,from 0720-1800,I gave up & came home.
I was thinking of getting a flight to Brussels,but I need to know whether they sell Drum Light at the duty free there.
Does anyone know? I have looked on their web site but they barely mention tobacco products.
Many thanks if you can help.
Deb

03-7-2015 2:39 pm  #8

Never done a shopping trip by plane, we always have too much booze to carryhttp://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

Again, don't know about Brussels but people have reported having their goods checked coming out of Charleroi and customs were waiting for them when they landed in the UK.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

Board footera