Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04-3-2013 8:35 am  #21

Re: Crazy Seizure at DOVER - Had to leave goods as Passenger taken ill !

Yes to all. Point out you were stopped 30/11 and allowed to proceed without any action.

Any joy with your phone call yet? If not maybe try elsewhere such as PSU?

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

04-3-2013 9:13 am  #22

I personally no longer tell them anything about previous trips, but that they can check their own records. Worked for me last time. There have been people on the forum who forgot one trip in 12 months and are accused of being liars as a result.

Last edited by celticmanx (04-3-2013 9:13 am)

04-3-2013 11:12 am  #23

eezyrider wrote:

Yes to all. Point out you were stopped 30/11 and allowed to proceed without any action.

Any joy with your phone call yet? If not maybe try elsewhere such as PSU?

Just rang again for the 3rd time (am recording times and dates) got the answerphone again - no call back yet

04-3-2013 1:40 pm  #24

Can't get through to any one to arrange for a delayed interview. I am going to email PLYMOUTH NPSU
to try and arrange one.

04-3-2013 2:52 pm  #25

Numpydumpty wrote:

Can't get through to any one to arrange for a delayed interview. I am going to email PLYMOUTH NPSU
to try and arrange one.

Thing is Numpy, if you were able to get a delayed interview, we could 'coach' you as to what you need to do. This could possibly avoid the matter going any further. At this stage though the delayed interview is looking remote but worth trying.

Last edited by eezyrider (04-3-2013 2:52 pm)

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

05-3-2013 9:31 am  #26

Good news. Woman officer who screens the answerphone messages has rung me back saying that she has informed the seizing officer of my request for a delayed interview and he will be ringing me to arrange an interview when he is free.

Also my NOC appeal is almost ready to send to Plymouth - does anyone on this site need to see it before I send it (could scan it and email to them)

Pushing are luck a little - but we live in Devon so when he rings back (because of illness) could I ask for the delayed interview in Plymouth?

05-3-2013 9:35 am  #27

If you have been granted a delayed interview I would think that the goods are technically 'detained'. Old fashioned word I think. Your notice of claim should still be sent in case but you never know. Go to the interview (it probably will have to be at the port of seizure) But if you go prepared, they may have the goods available then. Good heavens, I'm such a dreamer!!! :-( I keep forgetting its UKBF and not normal folk!!!!

05-3-2013 10:20 am  #28

Numpydumpty wrote:

t we live in Devon so when he rings back (because of illness) could I ask for the delayed interview in Plymouth?

You can ask but it makes sense to have it where your goods are. Normal practice is that it takes place at the port of seziure HOWEVER thats not an absolute, you can arrange to have it anywhere...even doing the interview on the phone is possible. But Customs are under no obligation to arrange it anywhere to help you out I'm afraid.

"I, uh, let her out the trunk...heard what, err, She snarled at THEM...."

05-3-2013 12:12 pm  #29

Numpydumpty wrote:

Good news. Woman officer who screens the answerphone messages has rung me back saying that she has informed the seizing officer of my request for a delayed interview and he will be ringing me to arrange an interview when he is free.

Also my NOC appeal is almost ready to send to Plymouth - does anyone on this site need to see it before I send it (could scan it and email to them)

Pushing are luck a little - but we live in Devon so when he rings back (because of illness) could I ask for the delayed interview in Plymouth?

That's good news.
At interview tell them you are recording- see forum for FOI that says you can 'cos they'll try and say you can't.
Prepare a SOT. My advice is to include trips up to 12 months ago either in the sot or as I do on a separate trip log. Include your purchases and reason for trip.
Make a usage calculator and make sure your figures stack up for the time your baccy will last or over the period of the trip log.
Make sure A-J questions are answered on your sot and refer to that if questioned.
Do not sign the notebook. If it is passed to you to read ask the officer to read it back to you so that you then have a copy on your recorder and he can't change it.
Any questions you don't know say you do not know, don't guess.
If your friend is accompanying you make sure you are interviewed together as is your right.

There's more no doubt

05-3-2013 12:15 pm  #30

Due to a recent court ruling we think goods can no longer be detained, must be seized but can be restored to you;

05-3-2013 1:30 pm  #31

The Blocked Dwarf wrote:

Numpydumpty wrote:

t we live in Devon so when he rings back (because of illness) could I ask for the delayed interview in Plymouth?

You can ask but it makes sense to have it where your goods are. Normal practice is that it takes place at the port of seziure HOWEVER thats not an absolute, you can arrange to have it anywhere...even doing the interview on the phone is possible. But Customs are under no obligation to arrange it anywhere to help you out I'm afraid.

At the interview and in the NOC is is worth while offering them (the Border Agency) something. For example providing them with a signed "Declaration of Intent" stating that on return of the seized HRT that we would undertake during the next 6 month (giving time for our supplies to be used) that when travelling abroad we will not purchase more the their guideline amount of HRT? Might this help to resolve thing at this stage?  ..................Your views please?

05-3-2013 1:38 pm  #32

Nope. Disagree. Give them nothing but the truth. The truth is that you may travel and purchase again.

You just need to demonstrate that the goods were for your own use or as gifts, funded by yourself or from credit facilities etc, etc.

05-3-2013 2:13 pm  #33

Numpydumpty wrote:

For example providing them with a signed "Declaration of Intent" stating that on return of the seized HRT that we would undertake during the next 6 month (giving time for our supplies to be used) that when travelling abroad we will not purchase more the their guideline amount of HRT? Might this help to resolve thing at this stage?  ..................Your views please?

TBH I have no idea, I'd wait and see what SH says about that. Although I am a mod I have never had a full interview (nor for that matter had goods seized, thanks to SH), my experience is all 'winning the pre-interview chat' stage, for want of a better phrase, and the SOT.There are moral and legal reasons for not offering to accept one of their 'Advisory' notices and I know SH recommends people not do so. However I have never heard of anything like a 'Declaration of Intent' being used....my first thought is that it might be useful but run that past SH. In the meantime I would suggest concerntrating on getting a bullet proof SOT together for that interview. 

05-3-2013 3:08 pm  #34

Numpydumpty wrote:

The Blocked Dwarf wrote:

Numpydumpty wrote:

At the interview and in the NOC is is worth while offering them (the Border Agency) something. For example providing them with a signed "Declaration of Intent" stating that on return of the seized HRT that we would undertake during the next 6 month (giving time for our supplies to be used) that when travelling abroad we will not purchase more the their guideline amount of HRT? Might this help to resolve thing at this stage?  ..................Your views please?

I would not offer anything. If they think you are willing to compromise they might offer restoration on payment of a sum of money as they can do bearing in my mind the goods are already seized.
Apart from which I doubt they could legally hold you to any promise you make.

You will probably be asked about your financial situation ie proof that you can afford the goods. There is some debate at the moment whether a credit card with sufficient balance will do for this purpose but it may not help if you've paid cash for the goods.

05-3-2013 7:41 pm  #35

Numpydumpty wrote:

The Blocked Dwarf wrote:

Numpydumpty wrote:

They'll almost certainly say that the interview (if offered) should be at the place of seizure. You could press for a telephone interview but again l feel it will be denied. Whoever designed the procedures for Border Force (UKBA) made sure it would cause as much disruption and inconvenience to people as possible.They have no intention of making it easy for  you.

You can write a sort of letter of intent without actually saying so i.e. My purchases are for 6 month consumption therefore l would only replensish when l feel my stock is running low.
That leaves you open to top-up etc on future trips.

Good luck when you finally get in touch with them. 

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png We don't do nice ... we do right!

It's not that l have something to hide ... it's l have nothing l want to show you.

05-3-2013 8:00 pm  #36

being realistic,i wouldn't hesitate in returning to place of seizure,i returned to HULL( 300 mile round trip) for a delayed (sucsessfull) interveiw,it shows commitment in your intention to attempt to get your goods back,also i found it a lot more relaxed and informal.

If you need to travel back to dover ,why not combine it with a shopping triphttp://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

Better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep'

05-3-2013 11:08 pm  #37

warrior wrote:

If you need to travel back to dover ,why not combine it with a shopping triphttp://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

06-3-2013 4:55 pm  #38

Today the seizing offier phoned me.

He said that because I had made the choice to leave with my car and ill friend rather then stay for a 3/4 hour interview then he was not going to allow me to return for a delayed interview.

I then asked about an appeal and he then sarted to point me in the direction of a "Restoration" claim rather the a NOC. Of course from this site I now know that a Notice of Claim is the better option. I talked about a NOC and I think that he realised that I had some knowledge.

I then said it may well be that he thought that I should not have an interview but I said that my friend should be allowed to return for a delayed interview as on that day he was not well and was not asked about an interview at all. the officer still said no. The call ended.

OMG !  About 15 minutes later he rang me back.

He said that he had been talking to his superior and said that both of us can return for a delayed interview http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

So we are going back to Dover this Sunday.

Do I take my NOC with me on Sunday and show him or just send it off to Plymouth?

06-3-2013 5:06 pm  #39

Numpydumpty wrote:

Today the seizing offier phoned me.

He said that because I had made the choice to leave with my car and ill friend rather then stay for a 3/4 hour interview then he was not going to allow me to return for a delayed interview.

I then asked about an appeal and he then sarted to point me in the direction of a "Restoration" claim rather the a NOC. Of course from this site I now know that a Notice of Claim is the better option. I talked about a NOC and I think that he realised that I had some knowledge.

I then said it may well be that he thought that I should not have an interview but I said that my friend should be allowed to return for a delayed interview as on that day he was not well and was not asked about an interview at all. the officer still said no. The call ended.

OMG !  About 15 minutes later he rang me back.

He said that he had been talking to his superior and said that both of us can return for a delayed interview http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

So we are going back to Dover this Sunday.

Do I take my NOC with me on Sunday and show him or just send it off to Plymouth?

A turn for the better and no mistake! Yes I'd say to have your NOC letter in your SOT folder so he (hopefully) clocks it and knows he will be filling in forms for the NSPU if he does seize. You and your friend should INSIST you are interviewed together, that you both have bullet proof SOTs and all the proofs, and you MUST RECORD.

Last edited by The Blocked Dwarf (06-3-2013 5:07 pm)

06-3-2013 5:08 pm  #40

Another one that just does not give a shit about the law. I'd send an NOC to plymouth and take one to dover as well. You just never know. They may have your stuff waiting in case. I doubt that but go prepared and make you NOC, as SH would put it, KITCHEN SINK!!!! Record the interview, take a statement of truth and say as little as possible. There is a SOT template on here that I use which is unmanageable for them. I'll repost a copy of mine (redacted) which stopped them looking in my luggage at all!!! Unless another member can remember where the bullet proof template is.

Board footera