Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04-3-2013 5:23 pm  #1

Has anyone been thru St Pancras ???

Thing of taking the Eurostar to Belgium for some HRT,has anyone any experiences of St Pancras and UKBA??

04-3-2013 8:24 pm  #2

Re: Has anyone been thru St Pancras ???

I havnt been, but know some1 who does that route, you need to dress smart as most passengers are businessmen, you dont want to draw too much attention 

04-3-2013 8:59 pm  #3

Thanks,was just wondering about the scan on your bags.

05-3-2013 12:00 am  #4

Daffodil wrote:

Thanks,was just wondering about the scan on your bags.

Mate never mentioned his bags were scanned

05-3-2013 12:20 am  #5

I was reading on a site called Fodors that you have airport-type security when boarding Eurostar abroad ie bag scanners, remove your belt, shoes etc but I have no 1st hand knowledge.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

22-3-2013 11:21 pm  #6

they do have a scanner at st pancras, and yes its just like the airport. remove belt shoes bag. bags in scanner. i went in january but stick to the middle of the crowd when they get off the train, keep walking and chat to anyone. you should be fine.

25-3-2013 10:02 am  #7

Why would they have a scanner at St Pancras?? surely Belgium.

25-3-2013 10:51 am  #8

I would say the scanner will just be to ensure your a safe passenger and have no weapons that could be used to cause injury etc just like before your allowed into departures at the airport, I dont think there used for checking how much tobacco you have.

07-9-2013 8:52 pm  #9

Going to have a trip out soon, saves risking the car, is it platform 15 for Ostend or has anybody managed to surce in Brussels yet?

07-9-2013 8:55 pm  #10

postiepete wrote:

Going to have a trip out soon, saves risking the car, is it platform 15 for Ostend or has anybody managed to surce in Brussels yet?

Let me know how you get on,planning a trip over in the next month.

08-9-2013 9:46 am  #11

hi it is platform 16 for oostende,trains leave around 5 past the hour,and the journey takes about an hour 15 mins,when you book with eurostar make sure your ticket is for any belgium station.

08-9-2013 11:26 am  #12

drinks wrote:

hi it is platform 16 for oostende,trains leave around 5 past the hour,and the journey takes about an hour 15 mins,when you book with eurostar make sure your ticket is for any belgium station.

Thanks, will report back. Its a along time since i have been to Ostend the last time being via Hoverspeed, is the shop still literally over the road from the train station?

Last edited by postiepete (08-9-2013 11:26 am)

08-9-2013 5:06 pm  #13

yes the shop is still there,just goggle tobacco.be for prices.

12-10-2013 7:59 pm  #14

Well i made the trip without incident.

Long day out but fairly relaxing,lots of waiting around.

Check your train times and departure platforms on:

http://www.belgianrail.be/jp/sncb-nmbs-routeplanner/query.exe/en?ld=std&AjaxMap=CPTVMap&seqnr=1&ident=a1.019542113.1378643044&REQ1HafasScrollDir=2

There are bag scans but tbh all they are looking for its guns and explosives, no problem at St Pancreas, was off the train and out to the street in 3 minutes flat.

Email your order through to the shop in Ostend the week before you go, they were running short of several brands and i noticed 2 or 3 people not being able to get what they wanted, luckly i emailed the week before and they reserved mine, i just handed over their email confirmation.

Have enough for me and the mrs for the next 6 months and then will be doing the same trip, no car at stake and clearly not targetting people as they do at Dover and certain airports, in years gone by i would have driven but without doubt i would have had it seized just for getting me and her supply for 6 months, wrong i know but we all know the score.

Dress smart and try and plan it so you dont have long in Brussells (what a dump).

02-3-2016 5:20 pm  #15

Hi,
Pathetic I know,but I am now terrified or driving on motorways.
I used to do Eurotunnel to France,drive up to Adinkirke then pick up wine on the way home.Can't face it now.
I have been researching Eurostar to Bruges,apparently there are 2 tobacco shops doing bulk buying of "my type of tobacco',namely Drum.At the cost of approx 80 quid I can save a fair amount on my baccy.
Now my question is,would you advise going through something to declare & explain what I have,or through nothing to declare.I know I am allowed unlimited  amounts,but I wonder if nothing to declare makes me look guilty as charged M'ld.Opinions welcome please......
Thanks
Deb

02-3-2016 6:28 pm  #16

Use the nothing to declare channel. This is the correct one for your legitimate purchases. There is nothing to be gained by using the other channels.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

02-3-2016 10:59 pm  #17

Thank you Eezy.Will do.
Deb

30-12-2016 9:57 am  #18

I'll be business travelling on Eurostar from Uk to Ostend regularly (on shift work ) and bringing moderate amounts HRT back each time.
I will update the forum with latest experience...scanners, dogs, scrutiny etc.

Board footera