Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08-3-2013 4:01 pm  #1

ARRESTED TODAY AT LUTON AIRPORT

Greetings one & all..unsurprisingly when I arrived at PC today around 2.45pm the Officer asked me to go and sit down (just like the previous two times at Gatwick and Stansted)..when I refused and asked on what basis he was preventing me from entering the country he blustered and flustered until another Officer who introduced himself as the duty manager took over..as we walked towards the luggage reclaim area I continually asked him for the return of my passport which he refused..I asked him why he was refusing to return it and he said he wanted to check it to which I replied has it been registered as lost or stolen on the Interpol Datatbase..at this point he then said he wanted to check my luggage so I asked what power was he going to use to do that, he quoted C&M E Act but no section so I asked him which section to which he replied Section 78, not 163a..

I tried to take my pasport from out of his hand to which he said if you touch me I will arrest you for assault, so I told him as he had quoted the wrong part of the Act I was going to collect my luggage and proceed, either with or without my passport..at this stage he then blocked off my exit at the exit and then grabbed my arm and said he was arresting me for obstruction.

I was frogmarched to an interview room and told to wait..after 5 mins I asked why I had been arrested and the two officers left 'guarding' me couldn't say why..the original officer who arrested me never reappeared and after reading my SOT and me allowing them to still search my luggage despite another Officer incorrectly quoting the C&M Act a Senior Officer appeared and said I am unarresting you and you are free to go with your tobacco & luggage..the whole episode lasted approximately 45 minutes which was long enough to make me miss my coach connection back North..

At this stage I would like to thank SH and Celticmanx for all their help in preparing me for what happened today and I'm positive that without me quoting the CORRECT law left right & centre at them they would have been far more obstructive..also the SOT just negated the need for the whole interview process..

08-3-2013 10:11 pm  #2

Re: ARRESTED TODAY AT LUTON AIRPORT

so you never did get an explanation as to why you were being denied entry?

i asked the same questions upon my return,same vague muffling and 'i am not sure yet' ha ha.

did they read your rights when they 'arrested' you.

Last edited by warrior (08-3-2013 10:14 pm)

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.
Better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep'

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

09-3-2013 5:03 am  #3

Great news davedog. You sounded well up for it right enough. I'd still have refused access to my luggage forcing them to say they were using section 163 or 164 where you know that they must have reasonable grounds to suspect that you are carrying excise goods FOR a commercial purpose. Then make sure they write down the reasons for them believing that to be tru.

But fuk it who cares now. I'd call that another victory. Did you record it all?

09-3-2013 8:42 am  #4

Welcome to the select club of those who have been arrested by Customs!
It doesn't actually hurt much, does it? It seems to scare them more than it does the arrestee.

They seem to prefer arresting people's passports, it's much easier.

I'm wondering if there's a way to attach my passport to one of those extendable key chains?

09-3-2013 9:34 am  #5

I like to know what davedog was arrested on. If they quoted section 78, then thats just the power to stop. At this point he is not under arrest and free to go at any time. They prevented him from leaving and according to my solicitor, thats unlawfull dentention.

09-3-2013 8:25 pm  #6

Currently up to my neck in preparing for work at Cheltenham Festival..however at some stage I will download the recording of my experience and forward privately via email to any interested parties..

ONCE AGAIN thanks for all the messages of support

09-3-2013 11:48 pm  #7

davedog wrote:

also the SOT just negated the need for the whole interview process..

Thats what it is there for...its primary function is to stop the 'chat' becoming an interview. 

And it sounds to me like Zaphod has competition! Well done! 

"I, uh, let her out the trunk...heard what, err, She snarled at THEM...."

10-3-2013 4:44 pm  #8

Zaphod wrote:

Welcome to the select club of those who have been arrested by Customs!
It doesn't actually hurt much, does it? It seems to scare them more than it does the arrestee.

They seem to prefer arresting people's passports, it's much easier.

I'm wondering if there's a way to attach my passport to one of those extendable key chains?

My ex GF and myself got arrested at EM airport in 2007, ok we had a few seizures before but they prosecuted us( we had 150 hrt and 4000 cigs each,old GL were in effect) anyway i denied all allegations of them being for commercial purposes e,t,c and elected for a trial , 6 months later at crown court customs black mailed me into pleading guilty and they would drop the charges on my very emotianal at the time gf ,, so i did,   outcome was £250 cost and 100 hours com service!!
I would of gone all the way now!!! Bastxxds

01-4-2013 12:33 pm  #9

Anyone been in luton on last week?
i heard from 2 people on 2 days customers checked everybody on blue(eu citizen) line
in the morning flight.....

Board footera