Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13-6-2015 7:52 am  #1

1st time stop

hi guys i am new in this form
i am british passport holder coming back from abu dhabi (holiday) with my wife
i bought 24 carton cigarets, i been stop by border force,  and asking me all kind of question, i have admit these are for my self and family member, but no chance having them back they told me sign on notice 1 issued and warning letter
any chance me having htese cig back what do i need to do

13-6-2015 11:29 am  #2

Re: 1st time stop

Abu dhabi is a non eu country therefore your personal allowance is 200 cigarettes ie. 1 carton of 200.
You have exceeded that limit by 23 cartons and by doing so all 24 carton are liable to forfeiture.
Sorry but I can offer no advice in this situation.

Last edited by bordershopper (13-6-2015 11:30 am)

Please ensure you do not divulge any  information which could identify you as Border Force may take your posts here and attempt to quote parts of them out of context in court in order to try to discredit you.

13-6-2015 6:37 pm  #3

Can it be clarified as to which channel was used and whether any declaration (or the discovery) that excise goods were held by oneself/ves was prompted or unprompted? 

19-6-2015 10:21 am  #4

My question is i travel once a year this was my first time bring those cig, how did they realise i have them in my suitcase, i was walking out through green line
Same time a lots of other people going out but just ask where did  I fly from

19-6-2015 3:28 pm  #5

kazikool wrote:

how did they realise i have them in my suitcase

The likelihood is that the luggage of oneself was scanned and/or searched.

Board footera