Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11-4-2013 10:37 am  #21

Re: A must hear recording of an actual stop by Border Force

Agreed and I do think forcing the point about not letting them into the luggage until the state as clearly as possible while recording what the evidence is to support any reasonable grounds is the way forward. On my last stop it never went to full interview (THE SOT!!!). So probably just trying to get through, otherwise no comment in interview stage or simply, I refer you to my SOT.

11-4-2013 12:39 pm  #22

Despite my sig I found the quantity and vehemence of the lies told to the traveller to be staggering. Since they knew they were being recorded it merely suggests to me that they (or at least she) hoped that they/she could have the recording wiped before it could be used in evidence against them/her. I would be inclined to send a copy to my MP now that the previous lying thieving SOB has been replaced by someone who cannot possibly be worse than him.

Ps. Where in CEMA does it say that they can refuse to state openly their grounds for the stop? If they are 'reasonable' then it stands to reason that they are defensible, which can only stand up in law (at least in a Crown Court) if opened up for examination. I know that in the past the 'Prevention of terrorism Act' has been subverted for these purposes, but it has since been made plain that any official body using this act in such a manner will be censured and - where possible - fined for it.

Ps. Today I have sent a stiff email to P&O customer services demanding to know why they revealed my personal information to HMRC (ie. which power did HMRC use?) and how did they come up with a different contact number for each trip over the past year, none of which have anything to do with me. Also how could they text me schedule updates to my my mobile phone when they don't claim to have it on record?

Last edited by Sir Henry (11-4-2013 12:40 pm)

They lie on recordings; they lie on oath; their shysters lie on their behalf. Don't believe a word coming from the mouths (2 per person) of any UKBA officer.

11-4-2013 1:25 pm  #23

this is what they told me,after i asked how did ukbf have acsess to my travel details,but they wouldn't provide myself with same,p&o did eventually provide me with them after i insisted.

Thank you for your email.

Please find attached the details you have requested.

Security bodies are not able to access your travel information on our system direct, however they can request a release of data held under the Data Protection Act.

If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us at the address below or by email at the following address:customer.services@poferries.com.

Regards 

Kim Verlinde

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.
Better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep'

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

11-4-2013 9:31 pm  #24

Yet another brilliant resource this recording is, it not only shows the arrogance of some of these people and how they try to intimidate the general public going about their legal business but it also shows one of the best ways to deal with them by remaining calm yourself and knowing what your rights are.

This forum is worth its weight in gold and a credit to each and everyone of you who put up accounts of your own experiences and other information for the benefit of everyone.

I for one am grateful for having the pre warning of what I may encounter.

Regards

arfurone

Don't kick arse until yours is kicked... then defeat them!

11-4-2013 11:04 pm  #25

warrior wrote:

this is what they told me,after i asked how did ukbf have acsess to my travel details,but they wouldn't provide myself with same,p&o did eventually provide me with them after i insisted.

Thank you for your email.

Please find attached the details you have requested.

Security bodies are not able to access your travel information on our system direct, however they can request a release of data held under the Data Protection Act.

If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us at the address below or by email at the following address:customer.services@poferries.com.

Regards 

Kim Verlinde

WTF? That has to be one of the most ridiculous sentences ever!

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png We don't do nice ... we do right!

It's not that l have something to hide ... it's l have nothing l want to show you.

12-4-2013 8:50 am  #26

i did eventually get a copy of my travel details,or at least the trips i had booked on p&o,took quite a bit of time though,and they went back to 2010http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/cute.png

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.
Better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep'

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

12-4-2013 9:37 am  #27

I thought a request for information about yourself under the Freedom of Information act could not be granted without your permission? If someone asks for info from your doctor under this act they have to get your permission to release it. UKBF couldn't just ask for info willy nilly they must of used some act and the usual one is the anti terroism act and this is now illegal and punishable by heavy fines, I would of looked into this further Warrior and not let it drop.

12-4-2013 10:20 am  #28

tagman55 wrote:

I thought a request for information about yourself under the Freedom of Information act could not be granted without your permission? If someone asks for info from your doctor under this act they have to get your permission to release it. UKBF couldn't just ask for info willy nilly they must of used some act and the usual one is the anti terroism act and this is now illegal and punishable by heavy fines, I would of looked into this further Warrior and not let it drop.

Must admit that l agree and would go down that avenue ... just for the hell of it.http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

It's not that l have something to hide ... it's l have nothing l want to show you.

12-4-2013 10:21 am  #29

I always thought this was a lie used by them to try to spook you. I'm pretty sure that unless they have reasonable grounds to check with travel operators they would need to do it under a request which could not be conducted at any port. It would take time. And money. And a bloody good reason.

And would they contact every business conducted in the conveyancing of travellers from these shores to other shores and back again. Think about it lets say I book a ferry with P&O to Santander and then fly from Sandtander to Paris where I then get on a Eurostar to London. Would they be able to check. I think not. And if they were going to be so intrusive, they really would need to have a right damn good reason for such action.

12-4-2013 10:36 am  #30

Your spot on  Celticmanx, the letter to my mind is a bluff  ie Security Forces Yeah! what they have done is Illegal and they know it, they are trying to cover there backs and hope it goes no further, I personally hope it does it needs to be persued as Smoking Hot says just for the hell of it.

14-4-2013 10:37 am  #31

Pity to spoil this thread so l've moved the posts that were off topic.

Carry on here if you wish 

http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=7351#p7351

21-4-2013 4:37 pm  #32

Had a good laugh at this. She starts off all haughty and superior and as soon as he mentions the recorder she adopts a tone reminiscent of my first form mistress when I was caught having a crafty smoke behind the skedsheds er bikesheds.

celticmanx wrote:

Yep agreed, we all need to get the ID's and post them here. And that bitch needs a strong husband who can satisfy her properly so that she ain't a sexually frustrated bitch. Or she should change jobs. I can see her making more money as a dominatrix than a customs ociffer. Some guys would pay good money for that sort of treatment.

I'm rather ashamed to confess that I did find her voice ever so slightly erotic. All the same, loss of cigs plus three grand costs plus duty is a rather stiff price to pay for her services.

Better shut up now before any more latent fetishes are revealed ...

16-5-2013 6:51 am  #33

I sent a copy of the recording to the complaints team, it was in the usual WAV format just like any everyday music CD, it could of been played in any CD player, they sent it back saying that they do not have the facilities to play it!

22-5-2013 10:30 am  #34

That is very ... interesting. The scuffers now record everything on DVDs! Since UKBA have far more money than the constabulary it just doesn't make sense that they can be without such basic equipment.

Of course that assumes that they were telling the truth! As if ... http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/errr.png

They lie on recordings; they lie on oath; their shysters lie on their behalf. Don't believe a word coming from the mouths (2 per person) of any UKBA officer.

28-5-2013 4:42 pm  #35

This is an absolute belter of a recording and I must say i'm surprised how easily the "superior officer" buckles and lets the guy keep his stuff.  The female officer is a total nob and should be fired.  We pay taxes to ensure that there is a system in place to keep heroin and other things coming in through the border.  We don't pay for some jumped up little horror bag to treat UK citizens like crap in the hope that they get to discuss their latest pull in the brew room.  How this kinda thing doesn't get on watchdog i'll never be able to completely fathom.

My case against them is still ongoing but when it's done i'll post the 1.5 hour interview that I had with UKBA.  They literally don't know what they are on about, it's a disgrace.

26-6-2013 9:10 am  #36

I sent a copy of this recording to The Independent Inspector of Borders and Immigration along with my complaints to the Complaints Team and copies of their negative responses, these are now on the Inspectorates system!

26-7-2014 12:29 pm  #37

hello i am a new member  but i have been reading this site for some time .at dover on tuesday gone i had my baccy seized . 

Moved to own thread

[url=http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=12386#p12386(Mod)]http://n2d.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=12386#p12386

(Mod)[/url]

GRRR--gobbledygook again. Won't edit!

Last edited by eezyrider (26-7-2014 4:46 pm)

08-12-2015 3:20 pm  #38

I cannot download this recording. I guess the hosting company has gone tits up....

Could someone please repost it?

Thanks!

When cross-border shopping, take your Statement of Truth and supporting evidence. ALWAYS record FROM THE MOMENT YOU GET OFF THE BOAT / PLANE and NEVER EVER sign their notebook!

Do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force may take your posts here and attempt to quote parts of them out of context in court in order to try to discredit you.

09-12-2015 12:50 am  #39

Nope, all I can see there is Zaphod and SH in action! 

When cross-border shopping, take your Statement of Truth and supporting evidence. ALWAYS record FROM THE MOMENT YOU GET OFF THE BOAT / PLANE and NEVER EVER sign their notebook!

Do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force may take your posts here and attempt to quote parts of them out of context in court in order to try to discredit you.

Board footera