Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23-7-2016 7:30 pm  #1

seized jewellery

i brough jewellery worth £1600 from turkey  and it all got siezed on return ..yup my ignorance .
what i would like to know is ..with the jewellery were 2 items i took over myself from my late husband to see what i could get done with them as a sentimental present for my daughters 30th . this was a 9carat gold pendant and a single diamond earring .  Well i had the pendant polished and some more rhodium put on to make  it look like new and no charge for that . and the diamond earring i had made into a pair.
whats my chances of appealing just to get those 2 items back ?
I am only asking for the pendant and the 1 single earing back as they were mine the price i had to pay to get the earing changed into white gold and another 1 made came to £700 so asking for the one back will be £350  so would  be under the limit allowed  im not asking for the rest back as i was over just the 2 items that belonged to  my late husband 

24-7-2016 10:33 am  #2

Re: seized jewellery

Your situation is not something most of us here know anything about so difficult to advise.

If you could provide photographic evidence or maybe bills to prove these were your previously owned goods then maybe you would have a case. On the other hand it could be the case that as all goods were together then they are liable to forfeiture.

I would look at your paperwork and it should give you the option to apply for restoration. That's the route I would take but expect to follow it through to tribunal, there should not be any costs involved. Make sure you do not miss any of the time limits on the procedure.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

24-7-2016 11:07 am  #3

Re: seized jewellery

thanks for the advice i had no pics of the jewellery but the jewler is willing to write me an email saying that i took them over thanks for your reply

Board footera