Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08-10-2016 10:08 pm  #1

Through Stansted without problems

Just got through Stansted without problems, coffe machine was too busy talking to each other (about 4-5 standing in EU channel). Passed through e-gate for the first time as usually those were not woroing or I was with kids under 12 so could't use them before. A lot faster than normal line. GBP to PLN is decreasing, I sold today in Krakow for 4,74 to £1. Hope this gonna change as I did't get much for my money.

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

08-10-2016 10:11 pm  #2

Re: Through Stansted without problems

When coffe machine is readong posts like this one they must be fuming hehe When reached smoking area I could talk to them all night

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

09-10-2016 9:21 pm  #3

Shame about the exchange rate, it's looking a bit grim at the minute and for the forseeable future.

Glad you had a good trip. Nice when there is no pressure and you can smile back.

Only been stop/checked once this year and that only lasted about 5 minutes once they saw my paperwork.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

10-10-2016 6:44 pm  #4

eezyrider wrote:

Shame about the exchange rate, it's looking a bit grim at the minute and for the forseeable future.

Glad you had a good trip. Nice when there is no pressure and you can smile back.

Only been stop/checked once this year and that only lasted about 5 minutes once they saw my paperwork.

this was my third trip this year (second to Poland), I was happy that they did't stop me as I was tired,  I'm usually going for one day only.

23-6-2017 4:18 pm  #5

Had a trip over to Gdansk to stock up on Marlboro.
Price now 160 pln.  Exchange rate c4.80 pln.  The latter accounting for a big jump in price to around £33.33 per sleeve. Unfortunately, the packets are now covered with the same nasty photos of poor sods looking ill and dying.
Had a standard cappuccino on the concourse at the airport for 17.90 pln so close to £4.00.  So more expensive than London.  If you are travelling through Gdansk, wait until you go through security as the price was cheaper (ie) 12.90 pln.  They are improving the departures lounge and the smoking area (yes you read that correctly) is now a very pleasant air conditioned room.
Thought I would save myself £50 by sitting in the standard seats.  It's only a 2 hour flight although it was just so uncomfortable.  I was suffering for a week after.  Won't worry about the £50 next time!
The flights are still full which is interesting.  Brexit doesn't seem to be having too much of an effect.  Mostly young Polish families and a few screaming kids to boot.  I watched a woman in the row in front of me, buy her two daughters, say 4 and 10 years old, pot noodles, baguettes, pringles, chocolate bars and fizzy drinks, one of which looked big enough for the little one to bath in.  The elder one kept running to the loo.  No surprise there.
Flying is an absolute chore these days.  The queue at security in Luton took 17 minutes to pass through.  You are just about allowed to keep your underpants on.  Everything else has to be removed and put into plastic trays.  Phone, coins, keys, belt, shoes...women frantically trying to remove their ear rings.  Not a muslim in sight.  On the Polish side the same, although they let you keep your shoes on, but make you take your watch off.  The only good bit was watching a couple of Poland's finest, young blondes who seemed to have to remove loads;) while the ugly fat ones just breezed through; security officers not interested.
I like Poland at this time of the year, the weather is good and Gdansk airport is a pleasure to visit.  Cool, calm and relaxed.
Returning to Luton I tried using the E Passport gates, although after a couple of attempts to scan the passport a Border Control officer beckoned me to pass through a gate the old fashioned way.  The jihadi contingent of UKBF officers were nowhere to be seen presumably off trimming their beards.  Passed through and out into the sunshine.

JMK

23-6-2017 6:58 pm  #6

Good info JMK.

I hate airports with a passion and have not flown for some time. I am not the only one as I have a mate who drives down to Corfu every year for his few days summer hols just to avoid the airports.

Glad you otherwise had a good trip.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

Board footera