Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08-3-2017 6:23 pm  #81

Re: help me please

Hi guys. I sent the letter to crown court a while ago regarding my expenses but I didn't hear back from them since. I included my court case number mileage etc. whatever the clerk told me I need to write. I am not sure what to do. Anyone could give me advice? Shall I call the court and ask information or did they forward my letter to BF and charge them for my expenses? Thanks.

08-3-2017 9:19 pm  #82

In my experience costs awarded by the court are paid into the court by the losing party and then forwarded on to the person who was awarded them. I can't say for certain that is what should happen in your case.

You should have the number for the Home Office solicitors on your paperwork. Phone them and ask where your costs award is. If they say they have been sent to the court, you will have to chase the court.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

01-6-2017 6:55 pm  #83

Hi everyone. Just a bit of update. I have got back my travel costs via check it was quite a delay as the court said they have not recieved my letter so I sent it again via email and they accepted it and sent it to BF.

I sent letter to BF too regarding my ex-gratia payment "surprisingly"they did not respond to it nor to my emails and I wasn't successful to contact them on the phone as the line was always busy and open only for an hour a day(from 10-11am), so I had to contact my caseworker from the Home Office and she helped me to chase them down. 

I have got a letter from BF regarding the offer of an ex-gratia payment which I accepted. They send me another letter that they recieved my  letter and they will send me the full amount in this matter but the process can take up to 30 days so I am just waiting now for the money.

I can't believe that it's almost over.

Last edited by blackpanther (01-6-2017 7:25 pm)

01-6-2017 7:42 pm  #84

Well done.

Don't let it put you off shopping abroad but look up our advice on paperwork. Also make sure you carry the court letters showing you won so that if you are stopped they know you will go to court and probably win

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

12-6-2017 4:02 pm  #85

nn-
Post moved to your own topic.

Please keep your all your posts in the one thread. Nobody can follow if you keep posting in different threads all over the forum.

Last edited by eezyrider (12-6-2017 4:46 pm)

19-7-2017 5:45 am  #86

I would like to let all of you know that yesterday I finally received the ex-gratia payment from BF after many emails with different departments.
They should have pay me latest until 25th June regarding their last letter but I only have been paid yesterday after I sent a not that friendly email to them.
Finally this is over.
Thank you for your help and support guys without you I don't think I could make it.

19-7-2017 10:21 am  #87

Well Done Blackpanther!!!

19-7-2017 6:21 pm  #88

Glad it's finally over for you. I've not heard of them taking that long to settle up though.

20-7-2017 1:01 pm  #89

It looks like in my case many things went differently regarding to you. The only thing I wasn't/am not happy with is that they calculate the ex-gratia payment with the value of the pound from 2015 when it was much stronger, not the current value so in present days I can get less cigs for the same money abroad, if I would like to purchase some, but I am still pleased.

Board footera