Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23-6-2017 2:34 pm  #1

SAR Denied

I have 2 questions.
I had tobacco siezed by a UKBF officer.I have sent a SAR request for the officers notebook and any other information, records they have about my case.
I must have done something wrong because they replied

"We are unable to process your request because it relates to a stop and search or siezure of goods by UK Border force." 

I have attached (Tried to) a picture of their letter having omitted any data that may reveal my identity. 

My first question is could someone please identify what I have done wrong, did I send it to the wrong address etc? 

My second question. Do I really need to get a solicitor to certify my passport which I submitted as the photo ID,  this seems absurd , as this case is about me asking for information about me and I didn't need a solicitor to certify my passport at the airport when I cam back from abroad. ?

https:\\zeus-community.net/important/hosted/SARDenial.png

[img]https:\\zeus-community.net/important/hosted/SARDenial.png[/img]

Last edited by nn (23-6-2017 5:39 pm)

23-6-2017 6:49 pm  #2

Re: SAR Denied

Which form did you use for your SAR? I know of 3 in existence. One is the n2d form in our Help section, there is another online free application to HMRC and there is the one titled UK Visa & Immigration. 

The problem may be that your SAR was distributed to the wrong dept by their internal system as all SARs go to the same office. As regards the certified photo, this is a recent development and I think you are the first member to test it here.

If they are sticking to their new rules then you will have to get a photo certified. I'm guessing you don't hold a British passport and therefore do not have a certified photo on record? Whether it would be different for a British citizen I don't know. 

I would also use our SAR form and send it to the address stated and mark it for the Attn of Border Force.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

15-12-2017 8:47 pm  #3

I have same issue...
"we are unable to process your request because you have asked for copies of records relating to a seizure at a port"

15-12-2017 9:39 pm  #4

martinn_ wrote:

I have same issue...
"we are unable to process your request because you have asked for copies of records relating to a seizure at a port"

Well that is obviously a recently adopted policy. I would use that as part of a defence in court. Withholding the SAR  means you can neither have the evidence to make a balanced judgement on whether or not to appeal or prepare your case.

Write to the ombudsman and to your MP pointing this out.

Ombudsman = Information Commissioner's Office. You will normally get a quick response although I have to say they are somewhat devoid of any real power.

Last edited by eezyrider (15-12-2017 9:49 pm)

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png
Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

Board footera