Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01-1-2019 10:18 pm  #1

DARTFORD CROSSING

I dont use it much these days, prefer the m40 route , but just came across this, if your vehicle is a mobility car or tax exempt due to disabilty, its apparently free and automatic.The Dartford Crossing You can no longer pay for the Dartford Crossing at the barriers. Instead, you need to pay for each crossing you make in advance or by midnight the following day. It is still free to use the crossing between 10pm and 6am. This is to reduce congestion and ease traffic flow. The Dart Charge scheme includes new payment arrangements, which were introduced on 30 November 2014.You may not have to pay the charge if you don’t pay vehicle tax because you’re disabled.You’ll still have to pay if:You have a Blue Badge but aren’t exempt from paying vehicle tax.You travel in a vehicle that isn’t exempt.You don’t need to do anything to get the exemption. Your vehicle details will be checked with DVLA when crossings are made in your vehicle.

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.
Better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep'

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

02-1-2019 2:07 pm  #2

Re: DARTFORD CROSSING

I guess you'd have to know which category you fall into because normally you don't get any mail off them until you get a penalty.

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

02-1-2019 9:11 pm  #3

if your vehicle is registered as disabled in the tax class on your V5 ,then its exempt from the charge on the dartford crossing. Im led to beleive from what i read, but have emailed them to confirm.

On the m6 toll road you need a pass with your photo id on , they used to charge £15 for the m6 pass for disabled drivers, but there is no charge now. But you still need the photo id pass which you apply for.

Last edited by warrior (02-1-2019 9:28 pm)

11-2-2019 1:00 pm  #4

well took quite a few emails and phone calls to people who couldnt speak english but got there in the end , regarding disabled registered vehicles, and appraently its the vehicle that is free regardless of who is in it,as long as its registered disabled with dvla.
Thank you for contacting Dart Charge. I have received your email regarding this vehicle. I can confirm that W******* is now registered as exempt with Dart Charge.

Board footera