Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27-9-2012 12:11 pm  #21

Re: 25th Sept Hull Magistrates Court. UKBA v Tony

shopperleighonsea wrote:

http://www.financeandtaxtribunals.gov.uk/Aspx/default.aspx

I have discovered this. Of interest and relevance yes, though is it of use to anyone?

Ive been to a VAT Tribunal a few years ago, they are a kangaroo court just like the magistrates. In one of the letters from UKBA about appealing seizures, they say if I appeal to a Vat Tribunal, they will request that the appeal be struck off because they dont have the jurisdiction over the magistrates.

I went to the Appeal Courts in London a few years ago following a hearing in Liverpool Magistrates, the customs said that a Vat Tribunal does not have Jurisdiction over the Magistrates, but the judge who looks at appeal applications to decide whether a case can go for a full appeal hearing said that a Vat Tribunal DOES have jurisdiction over a magistrates court, in other words, it does have the power to overturn a magistrates decision!

27-9-2012 12:54 pm  #22

The entire laws have been thought through in the back room in a pub in Soho and worked out on the back of a fag packet, The whole thing is a mess, Nothing we can do as the whole bloody country is a mess. And there will be thugs just waiting to get into uniforn so they can legally abuse the innocent. Best the UKBA uniform as the cops have a cpmplaints department that occassionally listen (happy)

28-9-2012 1:46 pm  #23

Confusing. 

http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN01223.pdf

In this document it is stated ... "Travellers can appeal against the legality of any seizure – a decision heard by a magistrates’ court – as well as making a request for HMRC to return the goods (known as a ‘restoration’). In the latter case, an appeal is made first to a HMRC Review Officer and then to the independent Tribunals Service." ...

As well as?

08-10-2012 2:44 pm  #24

I telephoned Hull Magistrates this morning and they have confirmed that my case has been passed to the crown court, I will keep you all updated as and when I receive anything from Hull Crown Court

08-10-2012 3:13 pm  #25

Tony1956 wrote:

I telephoned Hull Magistrates this morning and they have confirmed that my case has been passed to the crown court, I will keep you all updated as and when I receive anything from Hull Crown Court

I would request confirmation in writing also.

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.
Better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep'

http://i45.tinypic.com/24uxqug.png

08-10-2012 4:13 pm  #26

warrior wrote:

Tony1956 wrote:

I would request confirmation in writing also.

I have recorded the telephone call and Ive got the date, time and persons name that signed for the letter of appeal notification, they told me that the crown will get in touch with date of hearing etc.

13-10-2012 6:59 am  #27

I have had a letter from Hull Crown Court, it says my case is on the criminal warned list from 29/10/2012

30-10-2012 5:28 pm  #28

Im still waiting for a fixed date for hearing, it was warned from 29th October!

30-10-2012 11:34 pm  #29

I'm familiar with general court procedures but never heard of "warned". Precisely what is it?

Please ensure you do not divulge any information which could identify you as Border Force will use your posts here as evidence against you in court.

01-11-2012 7:52 am  #30

eezyrider wrote:

I'm familiar with general court procedures but never heard of "warned". Precisely what is it?

A warned list is that it can be heard on, or any time after that date, what has puzzled me is the letter from Hull Crown Court, it says it is on the "Criminal" warned list, these cases are civil!

01-11-2012 10:30 am  #31

Thanks Tony, I guessed as much but didn't know. Let's hope you get enough notice, it would be ironic if you were off on a trip and got the letter while you were away!

Can't help with the 'criminal' thing, maybe a typo error?

01-11-2012 5:02 pm  #32

eezyrider wrote:

Thanks Tony, I guessed as much but didn't know. Let's hope you get enough notice, it would be ironic if you were off on a trip and got the letter while you were away!

Can't help with the 'criminal' thing, maybe a typo error?

I got another letter this morning, its now on the "Criminal" warned list for 19th November,

Board footera