Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



15-3-2016 9:32 am  #1


Cases won - N2d's Hall of Fame

We have been called toothless, useless, a bunch of amateurs who have no knowledge of basic law principles. It's been said we're just playing at it and need to grow up. Just a few of the terms used by the non-believers.

Having to work my way through the 14.5k posts on the forum in order to recategorise posts correctly, remove posts with broken links and so on, I have come across a surprising number of cases that our members have won. That's only the one's that have bothered to return and post their thanks for the forum help.

Members mentioned below will also include those that have had a delayed interview with Customs and kept their seized goods, not just Court Cases.

When I have a minute to spare I will post the members names below in N2d's Hall of Fame.

Peter Griffin
Sparky
will22
Harry6993
ToniViolet
Skint smoker
Cathem
Chrissie22
Sba01
Turbulentupstart
Davedog
litter picker
not-guilty
Piotrek
Seb1k
Numptydumpty
MRC
wireless life
Msense
oletimer
bfree
msnear10

coleeen

Sylwek 246/Empozi. (Username Change)
Scania580
longest traveller
Black Panther (27/01/2017)
the bourne       (30/01/2017)

mealone (Dec 2017) won by default
Blue Racer 2018
okdelboy (30/11/2018)
Ant/beesergeeser (Jan 2019) won by default
Wolfy (Mar 2019)
Andy G (Aug 2019)
elija (Aug 2019)
Basstardo (March 2020) Was granted out of time appeal to Crown and won it

Last edited by eezyrider (12-3-2020 9:23 pm)


 
 

23-8-2019 9:40 pm  #2


Re: Cases won - N2d's Hall of Fame

The list keeps growing.

I wonder how much BF have lost bringing these cases to court? I reckon at least 150 grand but in real terms, probably double that


 
     Thread Starter
 

25-9-2019 9:09 am  #3


Re: Cases won - N2d's Hall of Fame

there are still messing me about..
i gad a great time picking up my tobacco.. when i arrived i was kept waiting in main arrivals hall for 30 mins before 3 officers appeared..
i informed them.i was recirding the call and told then we should move to a quieter area.
they took me to an area where arrivalls come.past every so often..
they then pridiced 2 bags of hrt that where ripped and open..
i refused to accepet then until they counted everyone out all the while giving a running commentary ti the passers bye on whet was actually happening.
im still waiting on my costs..

 

26-9-2019 7:57 am  #4


Re: Cases won - N2d's Hall of Fame

Glad you got it back Andy.

I thought there was a sort of unwritten rule that costs awarded by the court are paid within 14 days. Might be worth a call to the Solicitor's office, I think it's up to them to ensure payment is made.


 
     Thread Starter
 

11-10-2019 7:02 pm  #5


Re: Cases won - N2d's Hall of Fame

eezyrider wrote:

We have been called toothless, useless, a bunch of amateurs who have no knowledge of basic law principles. It's been said we're just playing at it and need to grow up. Just a few of the terms used by the non-believers.

Having to work my way through the 14.5k posts on the forum in order to recategorise posts correctly, remove posts with broken links and so on, I have come across a surprising number of cases that our members have won. That's only the one's that have bothered to return and post their thanks for the forum help.

Great credit to you eezy! I will always be grateful for the help I received from yourself, Warrior, Smoking Hot and other members  when my baccy was seized way back in February 2013.

Regarding members who didn't bother to post the outcome of their cases,  some of these, as I recall, involved the most blatant abuses by Border Force officers. I have often wondered if some of them received generous compensation in return for agreeing to "gagging clauses". Do you have any information in this regard?

I have been very busy with work these past few months and so I haven't contributed to this blog for some time. However, I hope to keep in touch with the forum in the future.

Best wishes and keep up the good work! (Brexit willing of course!)
 

Last edited by turbulentupstart (11-10-2019 7:05 pm)

 

11-10-2019 9:06 pm  #6


Re: Cases won - N2d's Hall of Fame

i have just this second landed at belfast airport..

i wonder ..


..

 

12-10-2019 7:16 am  #7


Re: Cases won - N2d's Hall of Fame

All OK Andy?


 
     Thread Starter
 

12-10-2019 7:27 am  #8


Re: Cases won - N2d's Hall of Fame

turbulentupstart wrote:

eezyrider wrote:

We have been called toothless, useless, a bunch of amateurs who have no knowledge of basic law principles. It's been said we're just playing at it and need to grow up. Just a few of the terms used by the non-believers.

Having to work my way through the 14.5k posts on the forum in order to recategorise posts correctly, remove posts with broken links and so on, I have come across a surprising number of cases that our members have won. That's only the one's that have bothered to return and post their thanks for the forum help.

Great credit to you eezy! I will always be grateful for the help I received from yourself, Warrior, Smoking Hot and other members  when my baccy was seized way back in February 2013.

Regarding members who didn't bother to post the outcome of their cases,  some of these, as I recall, involved the most blatant abuses by Border Force officers. I have often wondered if some of them received generous compensation in return for agreeing to "gagging clauses". Do you have any information in this regard?

I have been very busy with work these past few months and so I haven't contributed to this blog for some time. However, I hope to keep in touch with the forum in the future.

Best wishes and keep up the good work! (Brexit willing of course!)
 

Thanks TU for your support. 

You may well be right about gagging orders. Our mentors were an example of such action.

Things have moved on somewhat since the start and I would be confident about our chances in court these days. It's a shame we're about to be made redundant with Brexit, but hey-ho, it's been good.

I will have to find another good cause to pursue 'cos I love being a thorn in the side of the establishment https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons2/big-grin.png

 


 
     Thread Starter
 

12-10-2019 12:35 pm  #9


Re: Cases won - N2d's Hall of Fame

all good.they asked me for xtra id as passport chip wasnt working apparently.
that was the height of it..

 

12-10-2019 12:37 pm  #10


Re: Cases won - N2d's Hall of Fame

i am still waiting on my costs..
i made a complaint to bf abd was told their legal department paid it into my account..
their crown solicitor said thats nonsense and sent me back ti them  where i have filed a bigger complaint ref the entire thing..
i await a response..
im also now going to start a claim for damages ref the heart attack i believe they caused ..

 

12-10-2019 2:15 pm  #11


Re: Cases won - N2d's Hall of Fame

Andyg wrote:

all good.they asked me for xtra id as passport chip wasnt working apparently.
that was the height of it..

Their systems were down yesterday. Don't know if that was something to do with it. Caused big delays at the Tunnel.

Let us know how you get on.
 

Last edited by eezyrider (12-10-2019 2:16 pm)


 
     Thread Starter
 

25-11-2019 7:35 pm  #12


Re: Cases won - N2d's Hall of Fame

well guess whos back .. i knew you guys maybe bored..lol.
my freind was stopped in belfast airport on friday night and had 35 cartoons of cigs taken.
he was there for 4.5 hours and in the end said he couldnt take any more.. asked where they taking his cigs and they said he would be told when he signed some form about his banking history ? .
he has been onto me for advice.
his main worry is he is on sickness benefit and has been for a year but worked before this .
he is scared they will try and stop his sick.
please any advise..
can he call them and ask to finsih interview.?

 

25-11-2019 11:37 pm  #13


Re: Cases won - N2d's Hall of Fame

This underlines the importance of recording interviews. They cannot make these sort of threats, but we know from experience when they are pulled up over these matters they lie through their teeth!.

I believe we had one instance reported a long time back, that BF had reported our member to the DWP. If your mate has played by the DWP rules, I don't see they can do much about it.

It's unlikely they will allow him to continue his interview but in any case probably better not to. To be honest I personally would be saying Bye after an hour or so, but then again perhaps not 'cos I enjoy winding them up

If he needs help tell him to get in touch.


 
     Thread Starter
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum

Disclaimer:- This forum is an open forum, and anyone can post their thoughts here (within reason). Therefore the views expressed here are those of individuals and not necessarily those of Nothing 2 Declare. We try to allow as much freedom of speech as possible, including views that some may find objectionable. This includes the views of UKBA, Border Force, HMRC, legitimate cross-border shoppers, non-legitimate importers, general public and anyone else that wishes to post.
Regarding ourselves, we categorically do not condone smuggling and neither do we condone the current tactics used against legitimate cross-border shoppers by UKBA/Border Force and HMRC. The current tactics benefit both Customs and smugglers alike.
Although some people use real names, there is no guarantee that they are who they say they are; it is impossible for us to verify identities of all members.