Home of N2D.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04-10-2020 6:18 am  #1

help needed goods taken

hi everyone i was stopped at manchester airport yesterday i had my amber took off me didnt no what i was doing i signed the notbook he asked me if i had a light but i didnt so he was sure the amber wasnt for me can any one hepl me get my money back or help me appeal and get a copy of the statment thank 

04-10-2020 10:14 am  #2

Re: help needed goods taken

It doesn't matter too much about the notebook.

First off you need to send off a Notice of Claim (NOC) within 1 month of the seizure. Send it ''recorded - signed for'' especially in the current climate of mail chaos.
You also need to apply for a SAR to include a copy of the officers notebook. The last we heard, you could apply online. Plenty on the forum about SARs.

What were the reasons quoted on your paperwork for the seizure?

04-10-2020 10:22 am  #3

Latest on SAR. Try applying for 'detailed' even though it states not available at present.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/saru?_ga=2.106291331.1266984869.1601810132-756495756.1598266379

04-10-2020 3:35 pm  #4

eezyrider wrote:

Latest on SAR. Try applying for 'detailed' even though it states not available at present.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/saru?_ga=2.106291331.1266984869.1601810132-756495756.1598266379

What type of request would you like to make? basic record  specific or details record ????(Required)

29-11-2020 1:26 pm  #5

Update had a letter of customs saying got to wait on a summons to arrive but will cost £2500 any advice do I go to court or leave it ??

30-11-2020 9:29 am  #6

It will only cost you £2.5k if you lose and we are not in the habit of losing!

Although, I can't help you further without knowing some details like, quantity, who said what and reasons for seizure etc

30-11-2020 3:44 pm  #7

Hi thanks for getting back to me I had 500 amber leaf got pulled at Manchester airport said did I pack the bags etc took all my amber out and said are they yours said they are for my personal use had no lighter had role up on my ask me for recipe shown him going on with him self like they do he said he taking them off me for the reason being he said didn't be leave they was for me and to sell on mistake I maid was sign the little note pad so fill the forms for appealing and the form to see his note pad not herd anything about the note pad yet got one letter the other day saying I will get a summons to go court and cost me 2500k  now just waiting any advice ?? Thanks

30-11-2020 10:32 pm  #8

So that's 25kgs of baccy. At 60 rollups per pouch = 30,000 cigs. Even smoking 60 per day you're looking at about 17 months worth of cigs.

It's a lot of baccy and it depends how lucky you feel. It's all about convincing the mags you are going to smoke that much baccy. 

In this instance I feel that if you did win the case BF would appeal the decision. That has happened on one occasion before with about 22kgs if I remember correctly. 

Problem is if you don't win the case you're on for £2.5k court costs, £7.5k duty liability and a hefty duty penalty as well.

It has to be your decision how you want to go.

Board footera